Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Solving the World's Problems, One Random Comment at a Time


So today Madison and I were discussing how some people will not be able to have Christmas this year because they do not have enough money. (Apparently, we as parents are trying to instill some compassion and awareness into our children) Well, here is what Mads had to say on that matter:
Mads - "Mom, all they need is a piece of wood and a knife."
Me- A raise of the eyebrows
Mads - "They could just chop the wood (here is where you picture Madison chopping the imaginary wood) and then they could use the knife to carve it into a toy." (principles of ingenuity and industry... a good combo)



There you have it. Simple as that. I cannot wait to see what new words of wisdom my almost eight year old can come up with.

1 comment:

Jeff and Larissa said...

I hope you're giving Mads a carved toy for her Christmas. :) Kids have all the answers, don't they!