Sunday, December 7, 2008

Seattle trip

We just returned from a fun week of visiting family in Seattle. It was great to be back home and to show the kids some fun places I grew up with. I can't believe we haven't been back to Seattle for over 3 years! The kids travelled great and we loved seeing family. Maddie and Halle had lots of fun with their cousins. They're even planning their next get-together.

During an adventure to downtown Seattle, complete with a trip on public transit (always a treat), we went to Seattle's Pike Place Market. We didn't catch any pictures of the flying fish, but at least we found the "Brass Pig".


The kids loved watching the different street performers in Seattle. We saw everything from a guy playing Christmas carols on a saw to this guy juggling tennis rackets. Maddie was captivated! Even from a distance, you can faintly see the missing two fron teeth....just in time for Christmas.


The best way to carry a little kiddo in a crazy busy city. Colton loved Seattle and has dubbed it his favorite city.


I was really excited to show the girls Snoqualmie Falls during our trip to Washington. Too bad we were a little disappointed when we first arrived. I've never seen the fog so thick! At least we could hear the falls from the look-out-tower, even though we couldn't see them.


A little later in the day, the fog started to clear. Kelly caught a cute picture of the girls at Snoqualmie Falls just as the sun was shining through.


The fog finally cleared when we got to the bottom of the falls. Nana was an amazing escort and made sure we behaved ourselves after we jumped the fence!


Maddie lost both front teeth during our trip - one on the plane ride and another during the week. She could hardly wait to show Uncle TJ and her cousins.


We had a chance to see a few of my old friends from high school. Good times! I wish we were closer!


Kelly and I had a few wishes for Santa - who still owes me a dinner from high school...but that's another story.


Papa and his greens. Need I say more. Who else (other than Popeye) could survive on spinache for dinner? Mmmmm. Where do I sign up? Who would've thought that he was one of the lucky ones that escaped Montezuma's revenge? A few of us got sick with a stomach bug during the stay, but nothing a little gastrocolic reflex can't handle...and a lot of Imodium.

5 comments:

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

Sounded great, I am glad your family got to get away and the hubby actually got to go...Bonus!

emily said...

it was so FUN to see you guys! come back soon! and i'm sorry i'm such a scatterbrain and missed coming to play with the kids! did you get my email?? anyway - i'm glad we can keep up with you via the blogoshpere!! love you guys!

Jeff and Larissa said...

Looks like a fun and busy trip! Did you happen to see Jason the Bachelor while you were there? ;)

Bonnie said...

How fun! I love seattle and would love to go back someday! I'm so glad you guys are back and had a great trip!

Sam Swenson said...

Mike,

It's been a long time. I hope you are well!

I tried to find you through Emily Wiscombe's FaceBook page but failed.

Thought I'd drop a line and say hi.

Best,