Thursday, December 25, 2008

December Festivities

A few weeks ago Halle's preschool had their annual Christmas program. It is always so cute to see her and her little friends perform. They sang a bunch of Christmas songs in the "Sanctuary" of the church where they go to school. (apparently a sanctuary is like our chapels). Then during the last song Santa came in and visited with the kids. So cute. Here is a picture of Halle with two of her bestest buddies. The blonde is Dominick, who she wants to marry. And the brunette (is that how you spell brunette if it is a boy. In French the "ette" ending is always feminine.... disturbing) is in love with Halle and wants to marry her. We had both of them over to play one week, and WOW.... It made me very grateful for the little girl friends that we have. Not that they were bad, well.... you will have to ask me about the two hours that it took for Dominick to leave, but it was exhausting. I learned that I need to have some boy toys.




Every year for Christmas, the residents (and anyone else) who do not have families in town get together for Christmas Eve dinner. One of my friends and I usually trade holidays, she gets Thanksgiving, I get Christmas, and vice versa. Anyways it was my year for Christmas, until, I realized HOW many of us there were that were staying around. I counted 50 at least, including kids. Graciously Tracy took on having the party at her house. There was no way that 50 people could cram comfortably, and enjoyably into my house. At the end of the wonderful evening, and it was wonderful, we do a Nativity. Madison was Mary this year, Halle was a Shepherd, and Colton was the babe in swaddling clothes. It was very cute, and we had quite an eclectic assortment of animals present. (a dinosaur, an elephant, a tiger, a pink cat, a dog.... So cute)..



Here is Mads and JJ (oh, how embarrassing) as Mary and Joseph, holding that angelic babe... he was angelic mostly because he had a HUGE helping of cheesy potatoes, and those things are true comfort food. I have never seen him in such a great mood.



Halle was sad this year that she was assigned to be a shepherd. One year she was mad that she was not the donkey... Who can really tell what will make that kid happy.. Anyways, I whipped up a beautiful silver and gold cape that we told her was a shepherd's cape, and she willingly became a perfect shepherd...



Pictures never do it justice, and can never quite capture the scope of children, but here is an attempt to show how many kids (and this is just kids) that there were there.. And not all of them were in the picture.

All in all, a wonderful evening, and a great way to spend Christmas Eve when you do not have family around. Merry Christmas.

6 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

What a cute post. Your kids are so dang cute in all the pics.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jeff and Larissa said...

Both Mary and the Shepherd were quite glamorous. Satin and blue velvet? The Nativity in style...

Lanea said...

Sounded like a great time! Made me home-sick for Indiana.

The Brady Bunch said...

It was a lot of fun. Thanks for your help and great ideas. I loved the Santa cookies. It went so well. I will have to make it up to Halle for giving her the shepard part. My bad. Thanks again. It was a lot of fun.

SumGreater said...

Wow. That is a LOT of kids... I bet that was loads of fun!
I can't believe how big Halle is! Such a cutie...I feel your pain about boys...I think they must be way messier in general than girls. At least I hope it's not my fault the house looks like this.

Bonnie said...

that was so fun! thanks again for letting Ayden wair a cape!