Obviously we must teach our children the "art of observation", for both my girls love to play soccer, by watching everyone else. It drives Mike and I crazy, but it is funny to watch. Mike and I have had moments of self discovery as parents of girl soccer players... we are "those parents" the ones that scream at our kids to do something... anything. "Attack the ball", "quit playing in the dirt", "no, the goal is the other way", "For heavens sake, stop jumping and run after the ball"! and last but not least, "you don't run faster when you bend at the waist". It is kind of embarrassing to be around us.
Halle and Mads had games at the same time, so our camera could not be in two places at once, so I took it to Halle's game. This was pretty much the extent of her skills.... Although she did find a really nice dirt pile, that she would scoop up in her hand and paint all over her face "in her spare time". Halle's team is in white. She has her hair up in what she calls "bunny ears", and she is the one "lagging behind" the others... obliviously (insert Smurfs theme song here). Oh, and if you could not guess, Halle's team got KILLED... I quit counting after they scored 10 goals before the first quarter was over.. we did score one.
5 comments:
Haha it's not often I laugh out loud while reading someone's blog... I love Halle scooping up dirt "in her spare time"
You two are funny. We'd love to have Halle on our team. She would fit right in..
Classic. She does look to be having a good time :)
Too funny! I bet it drives you crazy Kelly!
I can laugh now, but I am sure I will be the crazy mom in a few years.
I love the dirt-painting of the face. John's mom tells stories of him out in right field picking dandelions and laying down to look at clouds. And he's a relatively normal adult, if not the world's most avid athlete. I guess it just depends on what you want them to be. ;)
Post a Comment