We have some friends that had a tailgating spot. Mike, and I and the kids strapped on rollerblades, hopped on bikes, and jumped in strollers, and went to see the party. We had a lovely time tailgating. St. Joe's sure does know how to throw a party...
Then we decided to partake of the other festivities. We saw the football team entering the stadium... just after they had attended a mass at the Basilica. We also went on the great band hunt. The girls had a great time listening, and dancing. And Mike was impressed that they played the "cowbell" song. He LOVES the cowbell song. I could not get over how many people there were. I heard someone say that there were 80,000 people there. Who knows if it was true, but walking around, it sure felt like it. We had a lovely day. Notre Dame won... despite our QB needing a haircut something terrible. (he looks like a girl).
And Halle finally started school this week. It is nice to have her doing something that she likes too. Mads has been in school for almost a month now. Halle loves her school, and has most of her good buddies from last year in her class again this year. And it will be nice having her go everyday instead of confusing her and only going two days a week. Doesn't she look grown up? (maybe it is that her hair is brushed)
Stay tuned for Fall Soccer 2008. It is bound to be good for a few laughs. Madison is now on a bigger field, with bigger goals, and a goalie. (Mike's dream would be to be a hockey goalie, and soccer is 2nd best, and he is trying to train Mads to share that opinion... ) She is going to do great this year. I think she should play mid-field, with all her energy and endurance, she would be fantastic.
Halle is playing for the first time, and it shows. I was telling Mike tonight that she is the most athletic on her team. Scary. They have learned the duck walk with the ball, and maybe shoot on goal... I think that we will get our money worth in entertainment with her. We will have to see if her crazy legs do serve their purpose.
2 comments:
Halle DOES look very grown up, & how cool that they're both in soccer (i'd love to get Sawyer in soccer when he's older, it's his favorite)! Also, I'd bet there were more than 80,000 on campus, because they said it was a sold out stadium (80,000), PLUS all the people who just come to campus for festivities and not to the games (like a lot of Village families, families around town- like you guys). I agree, it's wild, and it's FUN!
Amen to a haircut for the quarterback. Ewww.
Halle looks SO cute! But, I think she should have gone wearing her pink fuzzy pjs and her bug boots. It's my favorite ensemble of hers. You'll have to let us know the girls' soccer schedule, so we can come again.
Post a Comment