So I have been tagged a couple of times, and have really had good intentions of doing it, but I just have too much else to write, I seem to be boring. So here I go sharing a few secrets about myself.
1. I have a strange obsession. When I eat colored candy, like Skittles, M&M's etc. I have to eat them from my least favorite color to my favorite. And I have to eat them in twos. I have done it for as long as I can remember, and I still do it to this day, even when I am nearing 30.
2. I seem to learn new things from my friends that I adopt into my life. Like from some, I have learned the joy of bargain shopping and stocking up on clothes for next year for the girls. Mads has stuff all the way until she is in size 10. It has become a kind of obsession.. Don't tell Mike. I have also learned great things like compulsive cleaning. I have not been as faithful in that since my kids seem to have twice the space to create chaos in, but I used to even wash my walls a few times a month. I have also learned the joy of meal planning, and working on my food storage. (two different friends). Sometimes I look at myself and see a conglomeration of all my dearest friends. It is kind of fun.
3. I have one of my most embarrassing moments to share. We lived in Phoenix at the time, and I was in the Primary Presidency. We had a new family move into our ward. I went over and bravely introduced myself (which is really not like me), but we were having a Primary activity really soon, and I wanted them to be able to bring their kids (they had 2 in Primary). I met the mom, her name was Tabitha. Not too hard to remember. But the dad's name was Hyme. I could be wrong on the spelling. It is pronounced (HI- May). Anyways, as he was introducing himself, I could not catch how to pronounce his name and made the VERY bad mistake of trying to repeat what I thought I heard. Hymen? Hymen? Yes, as soon as I realized what I had said, I was SO very embarrassed. I had a hard time feeling comfortable with them for quite a while. And, I learned that it is better to pretend you understand their name than to repeat what it is not....especially when you are repeating female anatomy.
4. My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice (both versions). I could watch them over and over and over. Most nights that Mike is gone on call, I can pop them in (what time it is when I start dictates the version). I get a project, and I have a delightful evening. It will be a strange thing when we are done with residency and I can't get my fix as often.
5. I am a little frightened to have a boy. I have done girls. I am used to emotional trauma. Boy loving. Funny girl fights. Princess dresses, make-up, Barbies, PINK, shiny, sparkly, butterflies, and all the beautiful stuff that comes along with girls. Boy have different parts, that scare me to death. They like trucks, and trains, and tools, and fighting. (not that my girls don't like to fight, but they do not understand play fighting). I even have to shop different for this one. I have never had to deal with finding "manly" clothes. It is a feat indeed. Why do all the clothes makers put goofy characters on everything that seems to have the potential to be cute? Someone is going to have to tutor me on the art of buying camo pants, and what on earth matches them. Oh, and to any that are worried that His gender will change again. I guess it is possible, but on the ultrasound #2, the tech (who does this all day, and could point at a black spot and say that it was a kidney, or a stomach) actually showed me the anatomy. I SAW it. It was a boy. I am excited about being able to buzz his hair though.. Imagine not having to fight to brush it, and have it look even somewhat presentable. Very exciting.
6. I have no mother's intuition. I try. Try valiantly too, but to no avail. Both Madison and Halle were complete shocks on their ultrasounds when they were girls. I was SO SURE that they were boys. I was so excited when we found out that we were having a girl with this one. I secretly (cuz I assumed if I said it out loud I would become wrong) believed... no, knew... that it was a girl. When we found out it was a boy a week later... I was crushed. What kind of a mom am I? Scary though isn't it?
5 comments:
Jeff here-
I say its his parent's fault...who names there kid HI-man- they are begging for him to be made fun of. It is funny it happened in church though on the first introduction-- great story.
BTW- Larissa just informed me to let you know that "everything goes with camo pants (except camo shirts)..afterall" says Larissa, "they are the new neutral."
I agree, everything goes with camo. Roman even has camo shoes - little converse high tops. Little boys are so much fun! I love the cars and trucks and trains. And how they just seem to know how to make the right vehicle sounds long before they can talk. And I have made it two years with tons of clothes and no strange characters or cars on them. You will love it!
o girl, boys are so much fun! and they love their mommies!! it will be so great!
Mike & Kelly I love your blog! This is Kandi (long lost cousin). Kelly when my husband is out late playing raquetball etc. I pop in Pride and prejudice too. I find myself wishing I had an accent by the end of the movie! Well we have a blog too if you want to see it. It's carsonkandimadison.blogspot.com. As soon as I figure out how to link other people's blogs to mine I will do so. It was great to get your email and see your sweet daughters and my goodness Kelly you are just beautiful! Good job Mikie! Congratulations on a boy, you guys will do great! Kandi
Kelly I have learned something new about you. I will have to watch you closely the next time you eat M&M's or Skittles. And yes larrisa is right when she says camo "are the new neutral." you are going to love them. I love them on Luke. He looks so "manly." I am so glad you are having a boy. It will be a fun change.
Post a Comment