Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas dollhouse




So...we don't claim to be master carpenters, but at least we try. Kelly and I put our mad framing skills to the test to construct this amazing masterpiece. I think we get an "A" for effort. Please disregard the leaning walls and warped floors. We never said it was "true" (this is official carpenter lingo, you know). Thank goodness the girls don't know any different. Notice the intricate staging of the pets, Barbie dolls and furniture. Even Ken made the cut. It's almost moving. Too bad the picture doesn't do it justice.

After spending part of an evening at a friend's house, Maddie came home and offered some helpful insight about the "handy" things of life. She said, "Dad, do you know why dogs are handy? Dogs are handy because they can clean up food you drop on the floor. That's why they're handy. But sometimes they're not handy because they go to the bathroom in the house". And now you know.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! She cracks me up! Gotta watch out for those 'handy' dogs! Hee hee! Congrats on the upcoming arrival of a third little princess! When are you due?

Julie said...

Great job on the doll house. My girls are wanting one since they saw one of their friends get a really "cool" one for Christmas. Maybe we will try making our own too, but we are not very "handy" at our house either. :)

Galbraith Family said...

Congrats on baby!!! we have 4!! its a ton of work! But well worth it! I was just googlein, my hubbys name and mine. Guess what yours came up. My name is Kelly and my husbands name is Mike Galbraith. strange huh? Anyway I thought i should say hi. I am american and he is scotish. We have visted and stayed at our castle in scotland. (not really ours)lol but it did have our name and we did share family! I have pictures! Have u looked into your heritage yet? hmm just looked at this blog might be a bit long... sorry. ummm if u want Email us at ekellyjo@yahoo.co.uk I would love to hear from u. ummm this sounds a bit funny but all true. (smile) Anyway you have great names! lol
Love, Kelly and Mike Galbraith

Jeff and Larissa said...

Dude, my dogs don't go to the bathroom in the house!!! Did she get the food on the floor thing from us? Or did she visit other doggie owners?

The dollhouse is awesome. In fact, it's nicer than my house. :) I bet the girls are loving it.