Thursday, January 10, 2008

identity crisis


Gosh, I can't believe all these confident postulations about my future daughter. She's going to have a gender crisis! We can't say it with a 100% certainty, but it looks like we're going to have another princess on our hands. We're joining the ranks of the Blacks, Wiscombes and every other near-estrogen household. Anyway, we're excited. At least we already have clothes. We're going for economy over adventure. Larissa, don't worry - we'll pick a unisex name. Shaggy might have to be "La'Shagella". Halle's coming around to Daphne.

Maddie came home from school and announced she won the shoe-tying contest. She was the fastest shoe-tier in her class. "Mom, it only took me 4 minutes!"

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Another little girl sounds like fun. May she be calm and happy. :-) Congratulations!

Jeff and Larissa said...

Oh man. I'm disappointed, but not about you having a girl, just about being wrong! I'm glad you're going to be a girl power family, and Mike handles it so well. You can make fun of me if you like, but I told Jeff the other day that I liked the name Daphne. :)

Jeff and I are laughing about Maddie and her shoe-tying! 4 minutes!!! No wonder it takes moms a million years to get out of the house.

Jen said...

I have to tell you guys, I had a crazy, bizzarre dream about you guys having #3 be a girl! Kelly- you'll have to ask Courtney about it. I emailed her & told her all about it last week. I will forward the email to you! Congrat's! You'll have to try for a boy next time! :)
Love,
Jen

emily said...

Happy Day!! I was wrong but pink is a great color!! Hand-me-downs aren't all that bad and in the big scheme of things she'll never know until she's about 5 or 6! (wink) Congratulations!! and leave it to a Dr.'s wife to post a picture with the anatomically correct labels for us! love ya!!

Julie said...

We are excited for you. Girls are lots of fun (okay so are boys :) I love the shoe tying. And my mom wonders why we didn't get shoes that tie for Seth until 2nd grade!!
Tell Maddie congrats, that is even faster than a second-grader :)

Karalenn Hippen said...

Hooray! Another girl. At least you know how to do that kind (even though they are all different even in the same sex). :) So funny about the fastest shoe tying.

Shelly and Ken said...

Congrats on having another girl. Hey, you're all ready for a girl why not have another one. I love the shoe tying story. Wow only 4 minutes. Hopefully, you are never in a hurry to get out the door.
Shelly

Megan said...

Congratulations! My husband is still alive with the 3 girls we have. The 4th girl will be here in about 3 weeks. I will let you know how his mental state is then! :) We love having girls!