Thursday, October 4, 2007

The demise of the Hammerhead


I am so glad that kids can change their minds. Halle is usually a little on the stubborn side. We decided while we were out looking for hammerhead shark costumes that we would be okay if we changed to be a Ninja Turtle. She is now going to be Leonardo. Her favorite. She keeps asking me if she can sleep in it. I am going to need a psychologist to assess her need to sleep with things... A little disturbing if you ask me.... Goliath bird eating spiders, a huge stuffed tiger that we saw at Target, her ninja turtle costume.... Bizzare. But that is Halle to a "T", Bizzare.

Mads of course is happy to be anything beautiful. She has consented to be a fairy princess for Halloween. I had a wonderful friend send me a pattern for a Tu-Tu, and I bought her some wings, and bam.... she is a beautiful fairy princess.

We have been enjoying our lovely weather that we have had here in the Midwest this week. We have had temps in the 80s. Last year on the 1st of October it snowed... (it was lovely again until Jan though). But this year we have just had perfect weather. IT is so much fun. We even went to the beach this week. Can you believe we were at the beach and swimming this late in the year.. I love it. We will see how long it lasts though.


Halle and I went to a pumpkin patch today with a playgroup from our ward. It was so much fun. She loved getting pumpkins, and can you believe that all the moms got stumped in the corn maze. It took us FOREVER to get out. The only trick of things like that is that we cannot tell Maddie that we do anything while we are gone. She thinks that we just sit at home waiting for her. She would be crushed to learn that we actually have a life without her. But that is Hal and my little secret.

When I figure out how to do videos for the benefit of all, especially our South Bend friends, I will include some of the clips from our Dance Dance Revolution party. (of which I was the ultimate looser... Oh, well, I can handle that title, I was pretty bad.. )

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Kelly, I'm glad you got the costume thing figured out. I was half tempted to offer to make the shark one for you but that might have been too stressful. We had a turtle two years ago, don't remember which one. I think Mat would love to copy Maddie's outfit. They would look cute together. Kade and I also have secrets from the girls. Maybe the 4 of us could have a secret together.

Jeff and Larissa said...

The Ninja Turtle totally rules! I'm impressed with the tutu. I forgot to tell you, I got your email about the pumpkin patch, but I didn't check it until afternoon. Darn. It looks like it was fun!

About DDR, so I turned it on again today and I realized the the "Light" level is actually harder than "Beginner"! I thought is was the other way around, so everyone was doing a harder level than I thought! I should have started out you guys on beginner, so you did awesome considering! The highlight of my night was Maddie's running man. :)