Sunday, October 28, 2007

One Crazy Busy Week

The week started out crazy like any other, but it never seemed to slow down, not even once. One of my teachers was not able to make it to teach her lesson, so I taught last Sunday. Monday and Tuesday, I am not sure what happened those days, they were kind of a blur, but Wed was Maddie's last soccer practice. It is sad to see the end of the "Wild Horses". They had a great season, and I even learned all the kids names on her team by the end. That is a miracle.



Thursday was a half day of school. I went in to volunteer in the classroom in the AM., and was able to do my Parent Teacher conference while I was there. Mads is doing great in school. So far she has pulled the wool over her teacher's eyes, and she thinks that she is a calm child, and a great listener. We will just let her keep thinking that, but we know better. I was not sure when she was coming home on Thursday, and Halle and I had met a friend at the park for lunch. When I did run home to get Mads, she was waiting accross the street with our cute (alternatively lifestyled) neighbor BOB. He was calling me, because he did not want to leave her alone. OOPS. I would have felt worse if it was the first time that I had not been there when she got home. I have come home about 2-7 mins late a couple of times. Shame, shame, shame on me.






Friday, well, Friday was fun, another 1/2 day, I was home this time when Mads got off the bus. We hurried and got in our costumes, and met a few of the kids from our residency program down at Mike's clinic for a costume parade. Very cute, and very funny. We went to a pumpkin patch after that, and then we came home and did some yard work in preparation for Halle's big birthday bash.






I woke up Sat and there were leaves everywhere again, I am sure that my neighbor Christine was sad at me. But we did not have any time. We rushed to Mad's last game of the season. We lost even though we do not keep score. Mads was somewhat focused, which was good enough for some gum. We had an after the game team party. And then we rushed home to 15 Sunbeams (Halle's Party).... Why did I do that? I am not sure that I ever will have the answer. It was very fun. LOTS of noise, and even some crying. We had daring sword fights, pin the wart on the witch, Mike's Anatomy lab, cake and ice cream, and of course, our favorite.... the treasure hunt.(this year it did not disappoint, I still laughed through the whole thing- there is nothing like a stampede of 3-4 year olds all trying to find clues that lead to the treasure. Very very, funny.)





Stay tuned this week for adventures in wart removal, (yes, Mads will be parting with Wart and Warty. A very sad day at our house)the ward Trunk or Treat at our church, Halloween and Trick or Treating, a very special church sealing we get to attend for our dear friends the Kindreds on Sat...and the scary point of the week, speaking in Stake Conference next Saturday night.. Somehow someone thinks that I have a challenging life, and I get to speak on "Getting through challenges....It's worth it". Wish me luck, any of you in the area are welcome to come and listen... It should be riveting.

4 comments:

S&J Spanos said...

You will do great speaking Kelly. I wish we were there to hear you. I am glad things are going well.

Jenny said...

More warts? Must be Lloyd's granddaughter. The girls look beautiful... the girl dressed up as the 'grapes' in the halloween picture does NOT look impressed to be grapes. Classic.

Jeff and Larissa said...

Wow, you're ARE busy! I can't wait to hear your talk. I have really high expectations for it. :)

The girls look awesome. Their friend the "Hot Dog" can't wait to hang out with them at the Trunk or Treat tonight!

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh the fun of it all. Manalive you are busier than I am I think. Maybe that's your challenge? :) I'm going to stop feeling sorry for myself that I have to teach RS this Sunday because the thought of speaking in Stake Conference would send me to the hospital in an ambulence. Good luck my friend. Wish I were there to pick my nose in the audience to make you feel better. :)