Saturday, June 7, 2008

Thank goodness for epidurals!

It turned out to be an eventful day. For sake of time (and energy) I'll keep it brief. Kelly delivered a beautiful baby boy, Colton Robert Galbraith, this afternoon. He weighed 7lb 10oz. The nurses commented that he looked "tall" but no official measurements yet. I guess he must take after me.

Kelly pushed like a champ. She was determined to not be sent away from the hospital the second time in 2 days. All went well. Both mom and baby are healthy and doing great. The girls love having a new younger baby brother. I wonder if he will shortly become a toy. Anyway, all's well at home. We feel very blessed for this wonderful opportunity to be parents again. Some how, some way, it seemed to coordinate with my somewhat inflexible work schedule. Special thanks to our friends, the Brady's, for rescuing the kids for the afternoon. Here are some quick pics. More to come.

Fresh from the womb and in the hands of the NICU staff. A little meconium but no problems.



Nice placenta.



Close up.



"Helpful" big sisters.



My new family...some are happier (and more tired) than others!





1st newborn exam:





14 comments:

Stacey B. said...

Hello Galbraith Family! Congratulations on your adorable little boy! Yeah! It's Stacey Baker, by the way, remember us from good ol' Arizona?! (I found you through the Wilde's blog). You better remember us, you were our home teacher! Anyways, we are living in Washington (Ben switched from Family to EM, so we have started over with residency and are just finishing his 1st year in EM.) We have 3 beautiful children as well. Alli is almost 4, Ryan is 2.5 and Claire is 5 months. Our house is as busy as yours it seems. Check out our blog, we'd love to keep in touch with you guys! Congrats again on your beautiful boy!

S&J Spanos said...

Congratulations Galbraith Family. Well the good thing is she wasn't 2 weeks late. Hopefully Janice will be following Kelly's example shortly. I love the picture of the placenta. I am sure that was Mike's doing. We are very happy that mom and baby are doing well.

Jeff and Larissa said...

Yay! I knew going to the beach on the due date was a good idea! Mike, that's pretty gross that you took a picture of the placenta. Ewwww. I love the family picture where Halle is frowning. Looks like she's taking to the new baby well. :)

So today at church I went up to Maddie and said very excitedly, "Hi Maddie! How is your new baby brother?!?!" Her response was, "Um, you can check our blog." And then she walked away. Apparently she had places to go, friends to see...

I can't wait to see Colton!

Kindt Family said...

BEAUTIFUL beautiful beautiful!!! Congratulations! Yay Kelly! So glad everything went well! Can't wait to come meet him in August!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Galbraith Family!! Welcome to the world Colton -- you couldn't have chosen a more awesome family :)

emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! he's darling and those girls are growing up too fast! we hope to get to meet this handsome addition to the fam sooner than later! love you guys! have fun!!

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS Galbraith Fam. Colton is absolutely beautiful. He looks so much like his big sisters already. Kelly you look amazing for just having a baby. I gotta agree, that pic of the placenta is somethin else.
Congrats again on your new little man!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

YEA! Congrats you guys. He is such a beautiful baby!!

Becky said...

HOORAY FOR BABIES! Just want to send a Congratulations your way. We are so happy for you guys and I'm loving all the family shots. Everyone is lookin fabulous! WAY to GO!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Congrats, Galbraiths! Colton is one handsome boy! I'm glad to know everything went well. I've been thinking of you!

By the way, for first-timers like me, I don't know if putting the picture of the placenta up was such a good idea. :) Ahhh!

Julie said...

yeah, yeah, yeah!! you're not pregnant anymore and with a beautiful boy to show for it. we are so excited for you and hope that he sleeps like a champ!!!

Jenny said...

We cannot wait to meet this little man! Ryder keeps asking to see more pictures of baby Colton... and then gets real sad when he sees the one of him crying. Hopefully he's that sensitive and interested when our baby boy arrives. Can't wait to see and hear more!!! Love you guys!

Susie said...

Congratulations! Glad you are all doing well. What a beautiful baby boy! You have such a cute family enjoy

Liz Johnson said...

Congrats Kelly! I'm so glad that he's finally here!

P.S. I just found your blog (I'm a stalker). Mine's invite only... email me at elizabethljohnson(at)gmail(dot)com if you'd like a peek. It's not terribly exciting.