Lucky Mike, he gets to nest right along with me. We are on the less than 3 week till due date count down, and our project list is just starting to look like we are making headway. We have moved the girls downstairs to their purple room (the old playroom), and they are doing fantastic. Halle so far has not gotten up at night to get me yet, and it has been three weeks. We have painted over the pepto pink room upstairs in preparation for our manly addtion. And we are starting to paint his furniture so that it all matches. Fun stuff... we are also starting to get the pool ready and plant a garden... (those are on my to do list this week).
I thought that I would share a couple of funny conversations with the girls this week.
Maddie has been learning to tell time and count money this year in school. She is not as keen on math skills as she is in spelling. So after a recent test on $$$..
Kelly: "Mads, how did your money test go?"
Mads: "What money test?"
Kelly: "The one that you took the other day."
Mads: "Oh that test... I bombed it."
Kelly: "You what?"
Mads: "I bombed it."
Kelly: "What does bombing mean?"
Mads: "I didn't get 100."
I am trying to figure out how to encourage her liking to get great grades without trying to put pressure on her... We are also trying to let her understand what Bombing really means. I made her tell Mike about bombing the test... he died laughing.
Halle had been playing with Maddie's guitar and gotten 3 of her fingers stuck.. So badly that she "needed" band-aids on each finger. About half an hour later...
Halle: "Hey Mom, guess what?"
Kelly: "What Hal."
Halle: "God healed me... I don't need band-aids anymore".
Ahhh the faith of a 4 year old.. if only her injury was really substantial.
1 comment:
That was hilarious. I hope you are doing well. Halle always made me smile.
Post a Comment