So my Tuesday started out like most. I got both girls off to school. Ran and got visiting teaching done, made it back to pick up Halle (at about 11:30) then ran to get some errands done before Maddie was getting home. We got everything done and were pulling up to our house just before 2. I noticed a little person standing in our yard. As I got closer I noticed it was Madison. When I got close enough I asked her what she was doing home... She usually gets home around 2:50. Her reply was "Mom, it was a half day today."... I TOTALLY spaced it. She had been home alone for almost an hour and a half. Thank goodness Mike had made an extra key and showed her where it was so that she was not locked out of the house that long.
I found a few really cute notes that she had written to me. One in the garage by my parking space telling me that she had had a half day and that she was inside. And another was a list of all sorts of people that she knew.. I am sure she was preparing for me not to be coming home at all. She is so cute. Anyways, hopefully I did not scar her for life. I know I scarred myself. I am so ashamed that I am so spacey. Obviously it is not a good thing. Oh, and I am due to have another child in less than a month.. If that is not frightening.
3 comments:
Maddie is a tuff girl. Good thing she is so mature for her age. Don't get to down. Just remember this is what pregancy does to our brain. Only a month away. How exciting.
It can happen to the best of us. It's good that you/Mike had prepared her for what to do if she was locked out. We don't have an extra key but we have neighbors that are usually home.
You aren't looking very big for only having a month left. You must hide it well.
You know what, I think that she really will be scarred for life. I mean, what kind of parent would forget a half day!!!!
You are very small for only having one month. You're a cute pregnant diva!
Post a Comment