This week has been a lot of fun. Halle is officially done with preschool for the summer this week. She had a fantastic time, and will miss all of her little buddies over the summer.
She and her class did a little singing time thing for the parents, and Halle was Little Miss Muffett. She was very talented. She takes after her Miss Muffett big sister.
Mads also finished up with school this week. (they have 2 make-up) days next week, but no REAL school. She won another Citizenship award... She must be quite the citizen. When I congratulated her and told her how proud I was that she was so good at school, she said to me, "I am really good at school, but I am not so good at home.".. I mentioned that THAT was not something to be proud of.
She also came home this week with her first gift from an admirer. She called me over to her after school and told her Juan had given her something. It was a heart shaped rhinestone encrusted key chain. She said that he had wanted to get her a necklace, but couldn't find one. Unlucky for Juan, her heart was not moved twards him... we are still pining for Jacob.. "the hottie" who says that he is part Irish.
We are almost having our pool up and running. I just need one more part, and we will be able to turn our pea soup into our shimmering oasis. The girls are really excited for that. And we planted our garden. We will see if we really do grow things this year. We did grow a couple of cucumbers and some peppers last year, but after killing most of the plants, the raccoons got to most of the rest. We do try.
Oh, and probably most important the "man of MY life" turned 32 this week. Despite him telling all the nurses at the hospital that he was 33. That is what sleep deprivation does to a guy. Mads had this brilliant idea to get him an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. And Halle and I went to go pick it up. It is a good thing that Mike has a good sense of humor because I could not talk her out of the beautiful butterfly cake. And honestly why would a manly man not truly want a beautiful butterfly cake for his birthday?
4 comments:
Sorry we missed the b-day mike- its angie's job to notify me whenever a family member's birthday is here. She must have forgot in her newlywed bliss. Like the cake- you need HLV there in a bad way.
Congrats Mike! Atleast you have a reason for not getting your birthday right, Sam keeps trying to tell me he is only turning 32 this year (it's really 33) and we have to count the years and then he says, "oh your right" but a few weeks later he is still thinking he is 31 turning 32. I guess that's what old age does to you, j/k! Good luck Kelly. I hope you go today!!!!
happy birthday mikey! you're as old as me, again! pretty cake - i'm sure it tasted yummy too! we sure miss all y'all! love you too!
Good luck Kelly!
Haha I love the cake. Who cares about the pink frosting as long as it's got fudge crunch inside. Happy birthday Mike!
Post a Comment