Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ruining my life-Part 2

Well, to say that the event that occurred last post was an isolated event, would be not telling the truth. Colton has on a number of occasions demonstrated nearly Houdini like qualities, and removed his diaper. Here is a post a couple of days ago... notice the diaper on the floor. (this is the one Mike duct taped on!)


That, and yesterday Colton changed his own poopy diaper, and brought it to me, wipes and all (and he did a better job wiping that another of his siblings does), we have resorted to this.... Potty training.




I was thinking that I had a whole year before I had to attempt this kind of torture, and who is to say that it will work, but for now, my life will revolve around living half naked, drinking lots and lots of juice, talking about parts, and all things bathroom, and cheering like my life depended on it. Because it really does.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, Kelly. Sorry you have to go through this earlier than planned. M&M's are a great motivator if you need one. Maybe he'll actually take to the potty better than the diapers.
Good luck.

Emilee said...

We're working the potty-training, too. I was hoping to wait until I was a) not pregnant anymore and b) not so horribly sleep-deprived, but someone at my house is pretty set on it. Ruining my life, indeed.
Chicken looks great in the unders.

Jeff and Larissa said...

Ooooh, I can't wait to hear the potty training stories! We miss our friend Colton!

Julie said...

We just potty-trained Luke and it was like heaven. It took one day and then he was done. At least we thought he was done. Nope! One month later he pees his underwear all day long (thankfully the poop is always in the toilet). What happened?!?!? Boys are weird that's all I can say because everything we've tried (rewards, cold showers, time-out, etc.) doesn't phase him one bit. Hope I didn't scare you and hope Colton is exactly opposite of Luke!!