Mike, my baby sister Robyn and I hiked Summit a couple of weeks ago. This is my sister and I beside each other on the trail. Isn't it funny how much taller she is than me!!!!
Mike and I at the beginningish of the hike.
At the Top!!! Isn't it lovely up there. It was peaceful too, if you could block out the teenage boys that were pretending to skeet shoot with rocks.
Yesterday my mom and I took Mike mountain biking. It was kind of raining, and it had snowed a bit the day or two before. The trail was wet, and muddy, and so were we. I was teasing Mike about how muddy he was, and my mom started quoting the "beam and the mote" scripture. She thinks she is so funny!

My parents took the kids up on a short hike to the lake, and the kids had plenty to eat along the way.!!! Colton loves snow.

And apparently the only way to get Halle to smile for the camera is to give her a bug or a huge pile of snow. I guess that those are her favorite things.

My mom and I took the girls hiking a couple of weeks ago. The little girl with dark hair is Maddie's new BFF Isabel. She is a darling girl. And we would have hiked the hike twice as fast if we did not stop every two feet to find ripe berries. Colton's favorite place to hike in the whole world is that backpack. Thanks so much Johnsons for sharing it with us. It really does come in handy.

My mom took Mads up Bears Hump (a short hike that ends up overlooking the Waterton townsite). It was a tough hike for Mads, but she is really proud of herself (we are proud of her too!) that she did it.

And this is Colton in his Favorite hot pants. Really they are a joke. My mom and sister found these Rescue Squad Mater man-kinis and bought them for him. They never thought that he would think that the sun would rise and set on these babies. Well he NEVER takes them off, and he wore them to Waterton one day when my mom was watching him. It was payback for bringing them into my life.
7 comments:
Awww! So good to see pics of everyone! I fully support the constant wearing of the mankini. He's looking super good in it! Looks like you guys are living it up Canadian style!
Wow!!! Your pictures are so beautiful! Snow...Amazing to even think about snow right now. We're still in the 100's. But, the nights are cooling off! ;) I might have to get a passport to come visit!
Oh, I am so extremely jealous! I would be in heaven living up there... Colorado Rockies can't compare with that!! (oh, I love Colton's shorts! too cute!)
So beautiful! Oh how I miss the mountains!
Waterton Canyon is soooo beautiful! What a fun family outing!
We were in Canada last week, and thinking of our favorite Canadians. (Olivia told her teacher she was going to "Florida or Kansas, I can't remember which" because apparently if you put the two together, you can get our actual destination.) I fully support the wearing of the mankini as well. I'll have to print that picture out for Bella's delight. :)
How cute your family is!! Maddie has grown up so much...miss those days of her toddle-ing around with pink milk :) Miss you guys too!!
Post a Comment