Some more of our buddies. Notice that Halle has found herself a vodka bottle, and is happily playing with it.
Mike Graduated from his fellowhip, and Colton sported his favorite accessory
This is Mike and his Brad. They were like conjoined twins separated at birth. We love Bradley. And miss him and his wife.
This is the only picture of us on Moving day. I was hurrying quick to pack up the last of the boxes before the movers got there, and I came downstairs and Halle was trying to "help" me by changing Colton's poopy diaper. It was EVERYWHERE, not just on his shirt, and pants... Yuck, so I was dealing with poo as the movers came in, apologizing for not shaking their hands, and for the horrific smell. Gotta love those helpers.
Mike was determined to visit some National Parks on our journey to Canada. So not to disappoint, we stopped at Mount Rushmore. Mike has been telling the girls stories and mentioning Mount Rushmore for years. He was really excited to go. The girls had fun too, although Halle liked to climb on the rocks on the side much more than looking at the carved rock above.
This is my Grandma being the Parade Marshal for our First of July (Canada's Independence Day) Celebrations. There was a program honoring her the night before where my family had the opportunity to sing... EEEKKKKK
The kids and I at the parade. Mike loves the Raymond Parade. There are all sorts of floats (many by the wards up here), kids riding bikes, horses, and marching bands.... He is super amused every time. But he loves it too.
These are two of my sisters. The ones that live up here. It is SO lovely to be by family.
These are the matching shirts that everyone had the opportunity to wear to the program honoring my Grandma... the one that we sang at. I even met someone at church that asked me if I was part of the "Fairbanks Bunch".
We also have a Rodeo on the First. (We are the town that claims to be the "Home of the first Stampede"). Colton loved the horses, and love swinging on the bars at the grandstands too. Mads asked my mom questions the WHOLE time. Even asking her how old the participants were. Asking questions is one of Mad's most practiced talents.
My mom and dad have watched the kids so that Mike and I could go Hiking in the mountains. I LOVE the Canadian Rockies.
My parents have even let us tag along at their new hobby. Kayaking. It is pretty fun, and so far neither Mike or I have tipped.

Mads and Hal are in the Swim Club here, and they have 4 meets throughout the summer. Here is Mads at the one in Cardston. She is just waiting to go up on the blocks, and is taking her job SUPER serious. She does really good, but she stops at the end of each lap to talk to her coach, and see if there is more race to swim, or to see if they want her to do a flip turn or not. She would have smoked a bunch of kids in the breast stroke if she did not stop. She is funny!!!!! We are going to work on that competitive spirit.

We also had her do a Triathalon last weekend. It was our town's first, and it was really fun. They had adult races too, so Mike thinks that we will have to do it next year. Mads did great. Although running is her hardest leg. They made the kids run a kilometer.
We even indoctrinated her into small town living. We took her bridge jumping. It is one of my favorite summer activities. Mads was scared at first, but now she loves it. Halle even jumped too. We had to lower her down to one of the cement supports, but she did it.
This is Colton "helping" my dad plow up our backyard. He took his job very seriously and did not crack a smile once. But he had the time of his little life. He LOVES tractors. Loves them. That and swimming. (I have fights all day long with him because he wants to swim starting at 8 am with the girls, and public swim is not until one. Major fights.
I am sure that there is more to post about.... like my new calling as the calling formerly known as Enrichment Leader.... watch out creative friends, I may be calling you one day.
8 comments:
Looks like a blast. Those tall things behind Mike in the picture by the lake, I think I remember those? We don't have them here.
Has Halle seen a bear yet?
That's it, I'm moving to Canada! Wow, it looks so beautiful! I love the mountains in your pictures, and green, oh & jackets!!! What is a jacket!?!?!? Yeah, its been a little hot here, and at 16 weeks pregnant I'm sick of it! ;) Its so fun to see your family and see that you're all doing great! Congrats Mads on the swimming & triathlon! After this baby I want to train for one!
Relief Society Activities, Our ward/stake has been focusing on growing spiritually, and it has been awesome! They started a really cute Pursuit of Excellence challenge, and we've had meetings on strengthening personal scripture study, then one on family scripture study & we have monthly sister Temple trips. I've loved it!
My sister's ward has a monthly craft night, and I so miss the SB sewing group! You'll be awesome with this calling! Take care & please send your family our love!
Wow! You guys are awesome! This makes me miss the flag day parade & rodeo in Delta Utah, (where? yeah, I know..) Tell Mads I think it's really cool that she did a whole triathlon!
I love the mega post. Perfect! I miss Maddie's questions and Colton's swimming skills. Bella still answers "Chicken" to any question about who is coming with us or whose house we are going to. We miss our Galbraiths.
Mom says she'd love to be on the sidelines for those swim meets. Awesome job, girls!! Colton will go nuts when the pool closes in a few weeks. (Good luck, Kelly!)
well....I was going to say, we're determined to come visit you next time we're up in MT, but if it involves bridge jumping...I'm out...you guys are NUTS! :D luv the pic of colton's creative sleeping techniques. I'm sure he'll love you for that too one day!
Looks like you guys are really enjoying yourselves up there! What a beautiful place! Sorry we missed you when we came to SB to visit for graduation. Hope we get to meet up again someday!
Post a Comment