Lately I have noticed a bit of rivalry between my daughters. Mike usually tells them bedtime stories, but lately I have had him bathe Colton, while I tell the girls stories. They love his, and mine, I am afraid are second rate in comparison. I have decided to just retell fairytales, and insert their names in place of the heroines. I told a story about Madison first, and she insisted on me calling the prince Seth (the "man of her life" this year). The next night it was Halle's turn and low and behold, she wanted Seth to be her prince too. She has never met Seth, but she seems to think that if he is good enough for Mads, he is good enough for her. Madison of course got all in a huff over it, and Halle never did choose a different prince. I forsee some great... challenges with them in the future. Whether it is teasing, or boyfriend stealing, I am not sure. But I hope all of you wish me luck.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Sibling Rivalry
Lately I have noticed a bit of rivalry between my daughters. Mike usually tells them bedtime stories, but lately I have had him bathe Colton, while I tell the girls stories. They love his, and mine, I am afraid are second rate in comparison. I have decided to just retell fairytales, and insert their names in place of the heroines. I told a story about Madison first, and she insisted on me calling the prince Seth (the "man of her life" this year). The next night it was Halle's turn and low and behold, she wanted Seth to be her prince too. She has never met Seth, but she seems to think that if he is good enough for Mads, he is good enough for her. Madison of course got all in a huff over it, and Halle never did choose a different prince. I forsee some great... challenges with them in the future. Whether it is teasing, or boyfriend stealing, I am not sure. But I hope all of you wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GOOD LUCK! You have got some beautiful girls that all the boys will fight over! I say lock them in a tower till they are 30!
Oh no! Now you've given me something else to worry about. I can handle the teasing, but boyfriend stealing? That is more drama than I'm willing to deal with.
Post a Comment