Monday, October 20, 2008

He's Baaack

Mike has been gone for the past two weeks in Utah. I am one of those people that likes to share info like that after the fact, in case any of my readers are really scary stalkers, and would love to have tidbits of info like missing spouses. He was checking out Sports Medicine Fellowships out in Provo, and Salt Lake. He graduates in June (can you believe it?) and he wants to do another year of training (why not.. we don't know any better, right?). He has applied to 5 programs and is interview at all of them over the next couple of weeks. We are very excited.

Mike had the opportunity to stay with my Sister Angie and her new Husband Allen. (yup, he roomed with newlyweds....) Angie was Mike's back-up for me until she got married. Thanks guys for taking such great care of him, and not letting him wreck too many things at your house... I should have warned you of his "home improvement" skills. We are very happy to have him back though. We sure did miss him.

Meanwhile, the kids (it is still strange not to be able to say "girls") and I had a lovely time. We kept ourselves busy playing with friends and having "family" time. We even managed to take a trip down to Indianapolis to the Children's museum. It was so much fun. The kids loved having adventures. Here are some pictures from our adventure.

Halle working on her animation skills.


Colton, poor kid had his immunizations the day before and had an allergic reaction to them and had/still has hives as a result. I guess hives are better than polio, or even Rota virus.


Madison our resident paleontologist


Hiding from the Thunderstorms. There was a fake thunderstorm every 15 mins in the dinosaur exhibit, and the kids had a great time hiding in the cave patiently waiting for the storms to come. It was very amusing.


Halle and her walking skills, remarkably she can balance on those and walk straight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're brave! When David leaves, I hunker down and pray I don't go crazy. It's all I can do to fix dinner. Looks like you had fun though! Poor Colton, hope he's feeling better!!

Bonnie said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I am so sad I missed it! I am so glad Mike is back and I hope his interviews go well even though I have already decided you will be staying here! Poor Colton. He has such bad luck with his shots.

Karalenn Hippen said...

I hope he chooses the SLC school so that we can play often. :)

Jeff and Larissa said...

You are VERY good at having adventures. I'm in next time. These pictures are so cute and it looks like you guys had a blast.