Monday, December 31, 2007

Best wife in the world

Right when I thought things couldn't get much better, Kelly surprised me. Saturday night was our official date night. We took the lazy approach and decided to stay at home and watch a movie (without the distractions from the munchkins). I had suggested a couple stellar movies, like "Christmas Vacation" or some chic-flick, like "Notebook". But to my utter surprise and much chagrin, Kelly recommended the Patriots-Giants football game. Holy crap, yes! I'll help fold laundry in front of any game. I don't think she was as "in" to the game as I was. She cracked open her book in the second half, but at least we had a chance to cozy up on the couch. I'd like to personally thank her parents for raising her to appreciate football.

6 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Love your reaction Mike and WAY TO GO Kelly! You guys are so cute together! :)

emily said...

i have to agree ... i don't think i'm that good of a wife ... she must be the best to endure an entire game! ;)

Jenny said...

and i have to ask.... have you ever seen the notebook? if not, DON'T see it with your parents. i've yet to live that one down. hey, it looked good from the previews, and we even tricked your dad into going to it. but don't be fooled - it's not a "take your in-laws" to the movies kind of flick..... and dad continues to remind me to this day. :)

Jeff and Larissa said...

I think Kelly was just trying to get away with reading her book on date night. :)

Jeff and Larissa said...

By the way, it was a great game, but I was crushed the Giants didn't win. I'm a fan of all the Mannings. It would've been nice to see the Patriots beat too. Ah well...

Jen said...

Hey Kelly,

TAG YOU ARE IT, so read my blog for directions.

PS-I know your true intentions were to be able to read! :)
Love,
Jen Mortensen