Monday, September 3, 2007

End of Summer

I have felt like summer is over for a little while. We have had a bunch of thunderstorms this last couple of weeks that seem to have cooled South Bend off a ton. My girls seem to think it is cold enough to not go swimming anymore. 1 min in the pool and they are shaking with goosebumps everywhere. Funny kids, they used to do that in Phoenix too, about mid October, when the temps would drop below 100 degrees F (about 39 degrees C). It was too cold to swim then too.. He he he it is funny to think of that. Maddie has been in school for a couple of weeks, and Halle will start preschool on the 11th.
And football season had it's official start. Although Notre Dame does not look like they are going to have a stellar season. We watched our friends darling little boy so that they could go to the game, and to to compensate the girls they brought over a best of Zac Effron CD (from High School Musical and Hairspray). Let me just tell you they are in heaven. Halle sings "getcha head in the game" relentlessly now, and Mads, she thinks she knows every song.. It is a much welcomed relief from Neil Diamond and ABBA, and whoever sings "Should I Stay or Should I GO Now?". Maddie has made a confession though, she told me the other day that she and Zac Effron have broken up. I know it is a sad loss to all of us, but they remain great friends and hey, she can still sing along with him anytime she wants.
We are happy to have Mike back too. He has been gone for 10 days in Hungary (yes, the country), and the girls have been here hanging without him. We did great, but missed him tons. We had lots of parties, and actually got a lot of things done, like watching all my favorite movies, and reading a few books too.

4 comments:

Jeff and Larissa said...

Kelly this is Jeff,
Just wondering... the Neil Diamond and ABBA- are they Mike's or yours? Secondly, are they CD's or cassettes?
You find out a lot about people on their blogs... :) (or hearing what their kids are singing!)

Okay, this is Larissa. What Jeff didn't mention in his comment is that we also own ABBA and Neil Diamond. And... he knows all the words of every Destiny's Child song, including Bootylicious!

Amy said...

I can't believe Maddie has/had a crush on Zac(whatever his name is). I am dreading the day that those feeling arise in my household. Luckily we still want nothing to do with anybody that is not a "cute" girl.

Karalenn Hippen said...

It sounds like you were in the depths of dispair without Mike (parties, books, movies) :) jk Glad he's back. SOrry to hear of Maddie's break up :) I guess that means Kenzie should break up with him because he must be a two-timing fella and we didn't even know. Oh great. SHe even bought the "I love Troy" High School Musical backpack. :)
P.S. I'm curious about ABBA and Niel Diamond as well as your other friends. :)

The Jones Family said...

Fun blog you guys. Sorry we haven't posted any comments until now--I was going through some old emails and came across your blog address. Hope you're doing well in SB. PS--I think I went to high school with Penelope Crackers. Small world.
Jeff