Sunday, September 16, 2007

Big week at our house

We had a huge week at our house. Not only did Mike get his Medical License this week, so that he can moonlight, and work football games solo, (now he can really bring home the bacon!), but our youngest daughter started preschool. She loves it. She thinks she is just like her big sister Maddie. She even thinks that now she needs homework. Imagine being excited about homework. She loves her teachers, but was very disappointed on the first day when I came to pick her up that she had not been able to paint. Sometimes you should not tell your kids things when you are not sure that they are going to be doing them. Oops. In honor of my dearest mother, I decided that my kids needed to start wearing bows in their hair. She made my younger sisters wear HUGE clip-on bows in their hair and told them it was a school rule (they also had to have their bangs curled). So I included pictures of them with their bows. So cute. And I also included Halle as a cat. My sister-in-law sent me a costume that her daughter wore last year, and Halle loves it. So she will be a cat for Halloween. Halle even turned down the opportunity to be "Leonardo" the ninja turtle for a fuzzy, pink, high-water cat costume. I think she got her sense of style from her father.
Mads is a mean soccer player too. Okay "mean" is not really the right word, but she loves to be out on the field watching the game go by. I like to think of it as "actively observing" the game. Mike calls her a "perimeter player". She tends to start bouncing as soon as the ball is kicked, and runs around the little clump of girls and the ball, watching all that is going on. It is really quite funny. Mike and I have given up hopes of a competitive career for her, but the entertainment values is unmatched... well except for the year she played kickball, now that was funny. I, of course, keep forgetting that I have a camera, and have yet to bring it to a game. Maybe next week. Their team even won this week... although we are in a non-competitive league and do not keep score. There is no injuring their self esteem here in South Bend....but we smoked them. Go, "Wild Horses"! Neigh!! Neigh!!


4 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

Kelly,
I am so glad you got your camera fixed. You have cute girls. Love the bows. I know I am going to have to get some as soon as ryan see's your girls in them.

Karalenn Hippen said...

I love that your mom said it was a school rule. That sounds so like me. I'm going to have to remember that one. :) Well they look very cute!

Jenny said...

SO CUTE! we miss you guys! As I type this, ryder and todd are out in the pool swimming (we're at my parent's house), and it just isn't the same without maddie and halle jumping around with us. I can't believe they're both in school! What are you doing with all of your time, Kel? Love you lots!

Lindsey Harman said...

I can't believe how big your girls are! I saw your link on Jen's blog! Nice to see things are going well!