Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Back to School, Back to school, to prove to mom that I am not a fool.....

So Mads started back to school on Tuesday. (I know August 14th is insanely early to start school, but what do I know, I am just a mom). She is in first grade. Scary thing I tell you. Her teacher is named Mrs. Horvath. She seems really nice. Mads is in her same classroom as last year, and has a couple of the same kids in her class this year, from her kindergarten class. She gets gym class now, recess, and she even gets a whopping 15 mins to eat lunch in the cafeteria (lunches complete with the ever important "Snack Packs"). She is loving it, and Hal and I are enjoying our time together. Mads told me today that they do pledges in their class. I wanted to let you all know that we live in the coolest state. Not only do we have the merry-go-rounds at our parks that we did when I was a kid. (those lawsuits waiting to happen ones). But we also have "In God We Trust" on our license plates, and we do the Pledge of Allegiance in our school. You can't get much better than that. Right now I wish I had a scanner. Mads drew a very cute picture of Mike titled, "My Dad, the D.O." She's proud of her doctor daddy, and she even knows the difference between a D.O. and an M.D. Very cute. So cute in fact, he is sending a copy to the D.O. magazine. Maybe Mads will be a famous artist.

Mike had a major blow to his cute boy ego. He went to the doctor. (to establish that he has a doctor- just a side note. To all of you never wanting to have a resident as a doctor, make sure that you have one. Residents, at least here, get those patients that do not have a doctor). And at his doctor he found out that he was not 5'10", he is really 5'9". No one is allowed to make short jokes though. It is a sensitive subject. I told him that I would still love him and even stay married to him. After all I have made it 8 years so far, why would I let something like an inch bother me. Amazingly enough I think he is even better now then when I married him. I think all his good looks and talents are weighing him down. He he he!
We are also getting our camera fixed, so hopefully soon we will be able to post with current pictures.

2 comments:

Jeff and Larissa said...

Wow, that's a tough blow for Mike. Jeff wanted to let him know that he shouldn't feel too bad, because Jeff had a similar experience when he found out he was only 6'3 instead of 6'4. :b

I love Maddie's DO pride! I'm very happy about the Pledge too. By the way, who can eat lunch in 15 minutes?! Seems a little skimpy.

Jenny said...

Kee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee