Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Colton has become more and more.... individually minded. I always thought that boys were not worried about what they looked like, and what they wore, but mine certainly has proved that theory to be wrong. He likes to dress himself. He is determined to wear swimsuits every day, and has been since the deep cold of winter. Bless his challenging little heart. Here he is with one of his buddies. They had found Madison's makeup, and made sure that they looked as lovely as can be!!! I was proud!

This was a typical going to the store outfit for my little super hero. I am not sure if you can see very well, but he is wearing his lightening McQueen hat and gubs (gloves), his Buzz Lightyear shorts, and rocket slippers, topped off with a very handsome cape that my sister in law made for him for Christmas. Any of the above mentioned items are....for the most part wonderful by themselves, but combined together.... I loved the way that people giggled when we ran errands and he would run up and down isles making shooting noises.... wearing THAT outfit.

Lately we have graduated to this very fine dress-up.... Mads and Halle brought him up one Saturday, and he was wearing Halle's old Pegasus Unicorn costume. Complete with his easter bonnet. AHHH... Needless to say, I am ordering him some superhero costumes for his birthday, and HIDING that Unicorn one. (he will run around saying... I fwapping (flapping) my wings... fwap, fwap).


Mike had a CME in Salt Lake this last week. Last year it was in Cancun, this year's exotic destination lacked palm trees, ocean, and warm weather... but we did get to visit with some friends we had not seen for a long time. We got to see Med School Buddies, Devin and Sooz Taylor, and all of their little kids. Their oldest is 15 now.... holy cow how did I get that old?
We got to visit with my Grandma, and Ted. It was so good to see them. The girls have not seen them since before Colton was born. Halle LOVED her. Grandma did a good job, and wore a velour track suit, which anything soft is a Halle magnet... There was much loving and cuddling.
We saw some of our residency buddies Sandersons and Kindreds... it was great to see you guys!! Brooke your house is beautiful. The kids had a great time running around with their old friends.... We did miss the Bradys, and were sad that we could not see them!!

And last but certainly not least we got to see our dear friends the Wrights... We have not seen them in almost 5 years. Their oldest was Maddie's partner in most of her diabolical schemes as a little person. There was haircuts, and dumping of shampoo on carpets... and vaseline in hair, and neosporin in hair.... Oh, I could go on and on!!! Their house was the only house i had a camera at... We just bought a new little one since I have a very bitter hate relationship with my old one.

Mads and her partner in crime... do you see the mischief in their eyes????


I thought I would include a fine picture of my girls that they took on Photobooth... If the fact that iMacs only have one cord, and NO tower are not selling features.... photobooth should be. My kids would spend all day taking silly pictures of themselves,


1 comment:

Mont and Dawna said...

I love daddy/daughter pix and that last one takes the cake...it's definitely a gooder!
Your trip sounded fun, but I'm sure it was a just a little disappointing that it wasn't somewhere tropical and hot.
And your little boy, so funny, he's definitely entertainment, eh!
Anyway, Great Update, I love your posts and pictures! But this shouldn't be my only correspondence with you now that I don't get to VT you. I'm seriously sad about that....I heard that we do have the same visiting teachers but that definitely doesn't cut it. We need to go on a double date night sometime. Soon :)