Sunday, October 24, 2010

the happenin's

The kids started school. Imagine that. It has been that long I think since I blogged. They are both happy and loving their classes. There are great girlfriends in their classes, and there are even some cute boys. Just say Justin to Halle, or Max to Mads and watch them blush (well, Mads blushes, Halle is much more unassuming in her love).
At school they have a cross country run every year and the school buses the kids out in grades to this moto-cross track and they have a race.
Here is a picture of Mads. She was one of the front runner for a lap around the track, and then she started to peter out. I think she ended up in about 10th or 11th place. Mike and I like to joke that as she runs, and gets more and more tired, she starts to lean more and more. Here she is moderately tired. The lean was quite substantial by the end.


Here is Halle running up the the finish (insert the Smurfs' "La la la la la la"). She does not have the same competitive drive. But she had a lovely time and really liked that they had licorice at the end.


I would have attached a picture of my naughty boy with diaper rash cream painted all over his cute rump here, but no joke it took me 40 minutes to upload these 5 pictures, and so I decided against it. Needless to say, we are having an interesting time with potty training. He will go, and even will take off his diaper sometimes when he needs to. He learned how to stand up and pee. I am not pleased with this new development..... I am not sure who taught him, but when I find out.. they will be cleaning my bathroom for me.

Here is a picture of my entrance to my house. It is really lovely, big and EMPTY. There is no closet, no furniture, and no storage anywhere.


Another picture at another angle. Notice this lovely ledge that goes around the whole room. it is about 6inches high and about 4 inches wide..pretty, but more of a hindrance than anything.


So here was my sister and I's solution. I have been eying these babies in the Pottery Barn catalog for many years, and I have been super excited since Ana White (of knock off wood) posted the plans for them on her site. I know that they are not perfect. (they are our second project ever). But I love them. I am so happy to have a place to store all of our coats, shoes and junk. Next up a toddler bed for Colton so that maybe when he strips himself naked during the night and needs to use the potty he can get there himself instead of me having to wash his sheets every day.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE the lockers! Wow. I'm super impressed. Great work, Kelly and Angie! I can't wait to see them in person. I'm sure they're going to be put to great use.

Love ya all! Way to go Mads and Hal. You two look like great runners! ;)

Emilee said...

Good work. You really are a furniture builder. And bless Colton's heart. He and Bella really would have become partners in crime. Mix his diaper rash cream with her hair gel, lotion, sunscreen, Rice Krispies, olive oil, milk, and baby wash, and it would be quite the spectacle. (She's kicking my trash, Kelly. What would it cost to mail her to Canada?)

Anonymous said...

I love the lockers!! They are amazing!! You are becoming quite the craftswoman!!

Mandy said...

That is amazing! You are so talented! I love what you turned your front entrance into. Great job.

LindsayB said...

I am so jealous of your lockers! i need to come see them in person. what's next for the hard working gals?

Ashley said...

I love the lockers! Someday when I have a place to put them, I will want them too. Do you have a link to the plans? I am all for making things myself and saving the money. Not that I've ever made anything myself....

Nice work to your girls!

Courtney said...

kelly. stop making me look so bad and all....building lockers?! you're nuts and amazing all in one and always have an incredible project going on....you rock girl!!

Bonnie said...

I love your lockers! they are so great! we miss you here.

Shanda said...

Where did you find the plans to build this? we're buying a first home (YAY!!!) and there is a perfect spot in my entry way for this. I would like to try and build one! I tried looking it up on knock off wood but I was not successful. If you wouldn't mind sharing I would love to try it!