There comes a time in every one's lives where you need to eat your words. Yesterday, I found out I would get to eat mine. One of my dearest friends here in South Bend, who will remain nameless, had a darling daughter (the one who calls Colton, Chicken). This darling daughter went with her mom to an OB appointment, and when her mom's back was turned, she managed to open one of the drawers in the exam table, and drink and unidentified liquid.. In a specimen cup. In the Speculum drawer.... Yuck. They later found out that it was just the warming water for the speculums, and I have not let her live it down.
That being said... We went to the park two days ago, and the kids were playing with friends. At the end of the day, I was looking around for Colton and saw his little legs at the bottom of a slide. Colton, Check... I was then looking for Halle. Mads came running up to me and said "Mom, Colton is playing in the puddles". I ran over, fully expecting to see him covered in mud, which he was, but when I saw him, he had his little face down in the puddle, and was lapping it up like a little dog. YUCK.
(now here is where you think.... that is not SO bad... Not bad enough to eat humble pie. There is more though.!!!!)
Yesterday, I picked up the kids from school, and we came home to get some snacks and relax before we went out and enjoyed the weather. While I was making smoothies, Colton, removed his shorts and diaper and was running around the house. I went to a cupboard to reach for the straws, and I noticed a couple of little puddles, and just a little further around the corner, I notice a couple of legs, lying on the ground. All the way around the corner now, I see my sweet little boy lapping up the biggest puddle..... SO STINKING GROSS... Note to self... wonder where his mouth has been before you let him kiss you!!!
So nameless friend and mother of BaUhhhhh, except my sincerest apologies. Your daughter may have trichamonous of the the mouth, but at least she does not drink her own urine....
4 comments:
WOW... there are no words, except, WE MISS YOU! Sorry I've not gotten back to you yet. We were in Utah for my parents 40th anniversary and just got back a couple days ago. I'll be in touch soon. Know that you cross my mind daily, my friend! Can't wait to see you guys! When are you coming through? Do you have specific dates yet?
Apology accepted. I am so terribly sorry you had to witness that. I'll be holding off on kissing Colton for a while, though. My sympathy only extends so far. :)
GAG!! Kids do the grossest things! This will be a great post to whip out when he is 13.
Gosh we love your stories! Kids will be kids I guess. We'll have to see what Vincent eventually gets into! Can't wait to see you guys in a month!
Post a Comment