Wednesday, May 12, 2010

He's ruining my life


AHHHHH how could someone who is so cute, become such a naughty creature. The last two days have been a bit of an adventure with my young one. Yesterday, Colton decided that he would have a clothing optional day... (which means that clothing was NOT an option) He has been liking to be in his birthday suit more and more lately, and yesterday was no exception... except that he has recently discovered his ....parts. EWW... yesterday I could not keep his clothes on, and could not keep his hands... well, I am sure that I need not go any further. And to make matters worse, tonight as I was folding our mountain of laundry, I heard Mads upstairs laughing (she has recently moved into Colton's room due to the licking, and a LOT of fighting).... Apparently the boy has also learned how to climb out of his crib. I think that my life is over, now I cannot keep clothes on him, and can't keep him in his bed. It is a good thing that I love him... and that he has other redeeming qualities.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness... I'm so, so sorry! Did you ever find those 24 mo Carter onsies I told you about? Or has he figured out how to take off onsies now too? You could always go spend some cash on a crib tent and pray it works. :) We love you guys!

Kindt Family said...

Wow, that sounds very eventful! Boys just touch, though... and if you draw attention to it, it'll get worse... just do your best to distract to other activities that'll use his hands. Also, Crib Tents are WONDERFUL. I'd highly recommend that. Sawyer was climbing out by 16 months, and there was NO way he was going in a toddler bed, when he was sleeping so well in his crib. He stayed in his crib until right before 3, with the tent on. Good luck!

Emilee said...

But he's so cute! And we love him so!

The Gardner's said...

Cute Colton. I am sorry. Get him some overalls...maybe then he can't get his clothes off.
My friends had a boy who climbed out of his crib, so they got a crib tent for him. Then when he figured out how to unzip it, they put a safety pin through it, so he couldn't unzip it either!
Good luck!

Jeff and Larissa said...

Oh man, that kid is adorable. We're going to miss him!

Julie said...

What's with the parts?!!? Luke loves his and is constantly playing with them. I try not to freak out about it, but come on!! It must be a boy thing, at least that's what I keep telling myself. On the clothes thing, my brother would always take his clothes off no matter, what my mom would duct tape them on , even his diaper, it was awesome.