Thursday, April 8, 2010

It'a about time

I can't believe how sad I have become lately at blogging. I still read blogs on Google Reader, but for some reason, just sitting down and typing about life must not appeal to me. Who knows why. For posterity's sake, I should probably update what is going on in our lives.

As of today, we are officially no longer homeowners. It is a bittersweet day. It is SO very nice to have the stress of selling off our shoulders, but we really will miss our lovely first home. We had a really nice couple end up buying it, and despite a few bitter moments along the way, I ended up thinking nice things about them.

We are living in a friend from our ward's house that they are getting ready to put on the market. It is an older home, I have no idea how old, but I would guess somewhere around 1920. It is so nice to have a place to go for the last three months that we are here in South Bend. And they have a park with a duck pond, just a block away. And probably the best feature, is that we are right across the street from the hospital. Nice for Mike when he wants to go to early morning Medicine rounds (he tells me that it is just so that he can stay current on the Family Medicine side .... I tend to think that he just can't sit still... ) And even better for Colton. Why you might ask, not only do ambulances sometimes drive by, but we have the medical helicopter pad right across the street. I think that he has died and gone to heaven. We have had the opportunity to have many very LONG conversations about helicopters.

We are still in the process of getting a license in Canada, but we are getting closer every day. It really is becoming a reality.

We are looking for movers that will come and move us to Canada... not always an easy task. Of the self movers, U-haul is the only truck company that will let you take trucks across the border, and most of the other companies do not even have drop off places in Montana. And since I have heard one too many horror stories about U-Haul, we will be using some other form of transportation. It will either be a U-pack sort of thing, or maybe if we are super lucky we will get people that will load our junk for us. Thank goodness for moving allowances.!!!!!!!

And last but not least, we are still looking for a place to live in Raymond. I know that more than likely we will not have a place until end of May/beginning of June, but Mike would really like to know that we are not joining two of my other sisters living with my Mom and Dad.... not that there is anything wrong with that. I know 3 little people that would think that they had died and gone to heaven if that were to happen.

4 comments:

whitney said...

Oh come one Kelly, living with your parents is the cool thing to do! Just ask my husband or Lins and Derek!
Did your mom tell you about the mortgage firm or whatever it is that works only with doctors? Rhonda and Regan got a mortgage through them.

Kindt Family said...

Wow, what a big time for you guys! It's probably a lot of stress dealing with the transition, but fun to plan a new adventure? :) Have you looked in PODS for moving? I know you have to load yourself, but they do the driving/delivering... and I've seen they do have Alberta locations. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything! I wish we were doing what you were doing right now.... stressful, yes, but exciting!

Angie said...

I resent that MIKE! It's not like you haven't lived with us before :)