Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pranks.... and other funnies

I mentioned in my previous post that Mike was going to interview at a couple of clinics in Southern Alberta in a couple of weeks. He has recently talked to one of them on the phone. This clinic is in a small community not too far from the border, but about an hour away from most of civilization. He talked to a recruiter about it one night last week, and while talking to her, he mentioned that he would be coming up to interview at a couple of places, and would LOVE to come out and do a site visit in this town. Much to my amusement this woman started telling Mike how excited the town would be.. (I did just say TOWN) She told him that because they have not had a stable doctor for a long time, that they are very invested in getting someone that will be a part of the community. She told him to expect the whole town to want to meet him. And promised that they would probably throw him a party. I was so very amused... so amused.. A party... And that in my mind turned into a parade... I have been teasing him about it ever since.
Well, I got this brilliant idea from actually talking to Mike. One of his greatest fears about living in a small town is that everyone will know everything about him (OH, yes his life is THAT exciting!! ;) !!!). We have this little newspaper that covers a few of the towns from where I am from, and he said how awful it would be if there was an article in the paper about him going to this town. I assured him that it would not happen. And then I called my sister...
Today she called and told Mike that she read an article in the paper about him coming to this town, and being their doctor, and how excited that they were about it. He was dying... Amused and mortified. He just could not believe it... And had her tell me all about it. In a few minutes he started following me around muttering about how they called him Robert... (his first name) and not Michael. And how the town was going to be SO disappointed if he did not decide to practice there. And going on and on about it. Finally I broke down and told him that Angie was just kidding. He has been so relieved. And so impressed that I would play a prank on him. He he he... I was so funny.. Thanks Ang for helping. You are the best!

And now a few words of wisdom from Madison (who often writes very meaningful notes to Mike and I... So funny!!)

1. You may have love, but not as much as a child.
2. Olives are good, but not as good as your family.
3. Learn
Obey
Valentine
Eternal

Marker
Opiste of Dad (opposite)
Teach
E
Reads

(The word is supposed to be mother.. It kind of makes you wonder what she thinks of me???!!!! Marker? Reads!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,I am impressed Kelly!! That is hilarious!

Melanie said...

That is EXCELLENT! I can just see Mike sweating telling the whole town he doesn't want the job!! How exciting for you and your fam to be close to your family!! Good luck with the sale of the house and finding a new place up north!

Jeff and Larissa said...

Ooooohhh, I do love a good prank! Especially when Mike is involved. :)

The town coming out to meet him? Sounds like a scene out of a play! Are there really places like that (and that small)?!?! I love it! I SO hope there's a parade in his honor.

Emilee said...

Larissa, that is SO small town of you to think that there would really be a parade. Hmph. Are you that ignorant?
And Kelly, whenever I think of you, I think of markered-up Mike opposite. Reading, of course.