On our day off, we toured Sydney and the local area. We took a ferry to a small, quaint town, Manly, which was on the Pacific Ocean. Absolutely gorgeous! I could live there!
Tons of small shops (Larissa and Janice would've been in paradise). My favorite shop was called "Manly boutique". Mmmm. What a great name of a city.
Beautiful beach on Manly.
Sydney opera house with Mark, my boss.
Showing off my muscles....or something.
We made a quick trip to China town and grabbed dinner.
Wild cockatoos were all over the city. We had a chance to find a bench in a nice park and spend a few minutes with our friends.
The Sydney bay was spectacular.
For anyone that's tried native Australian "Vegemite", you'll know why I made that face. It lingers forever!
I couldn't pass up a picture with the local Manly Hospital. Mark gave us a private tour of the facility. We even found the ICU.
Mark dove with 12 foot sharks at the Manly aquarium. This is a picture of an 8 foot stingray. Next time I'll get a SCUBA license!
Sydney Opera house.
5 comments:
Looks like you had a good time! We are glad you are back home now so hopefully we can get together soon!
Wow! What an awesome trip! I'm so jealous!
How fun Mike! It looks like a blast!
Is this the same trip that the limosine(sp?) people thought you were the head dude Mike? Your sister told us the story and we enjoyed a long laugh in your honor!! By the way, when are going to get a job out here?
Yes, it's true. I really don't discriminate when it comes to shopping. :) I love the Manly Boutique! Did they have murses and Muggs?!?!
Post a Comment