Here is a picture of my tree.
And what one day can do to my yard... (by the way, when I got back a little later that afternoon, I could not even see my driveway it was so covered in leaves.... )
I started blowing all of my leaves into a pile so that I could bag them. (And anyone who wants my testimony about my leaf blower, I will gladly share it. It is one of my loves). The whole time I was collecting leaves, I was thinking of all the awful things that my tree has done for me. And then I looked over and saw this..
So I got my camera, and tried to remember to "Find Joy in the Journey".
I even got my kids to work.. Well, the girls worked, and Colton pushed his car everywhere.. Which he truly thinks is one of his MOST important jobs.
On Halloween we had a birthday party for Halle where we mummified kids....
Ate eyeballs....
And went on a (traditional) treasure hunt..
Happy Birthday Halle!!!!
Mads got to go with her dad to a couple of his high school football games. She loved it, and loved hanging out with the players. One of her faves was Jesus (Hey suus). I love this picture because she looks like Flat Stanley...
We carved pumpkins with some friends.
Went Trunk-Or-Treating.
Madison wanted to be Ella Enchanted.
Halle is a princess witch.
Colton was half of a dragon.. (it was SO hot in there that I just could not bear to put him in his full suit. He liked his pants best anyways
And we trick-or-treated in our neighbourhood. We will miss it next year!!
Happy Halloween
4 comments:
Beautiful pics of your kids in the leaves. You should hire out your front yard as a photo op, then maybe you could pay someone to rake up all of those leaves for you!!! Your kids are getting so big. They look adorable in their costumes!
I miss those big beautiful trees & all their leaves...but I never had to rake them up! ;) Did you make your girls' dresses!? They are BEAUTIFUL!!!
i had to take a second of your time at this wonderful day(eve of big bird day) to let you know that i remember last year when you chose to bring me an enoromous dinner and that made you so human to me as i think of what i am thankful for i have you to thank because you cared enough to help me so i would not give up and wallow in bad health pity you gave me hope and now a year latter i have not gotten any better but at least u taught me do the best with what you got you are vey special and i love seeing your family pics it helps me alot we all know how very much our character isdetermined by the stablity of our family you guys are great and a grand source of enterment for this old lady happy bird day and u have so very very very much to be thankfulfor
So glad to hear about your new leaf blower. I remember how you despise raking them! Your kids are adorable! Great costumes! Did you hear that we are expecting?! I'm due June 17. Yea! Miss you!
Post a Comment