So here is a recent conversation with my girls while we were doing our homework.
Halle: "Mom, my pencil broke again, but don't worry, I ate the part that broke."
Me: "Oh, Halle, we are not supposed to eat the lead, it can make us sick."
Maddie: "WHAT? I have been going to school for three years and they have never told me that before!"
Me: "Do you eat lead too?"
Maddie: "Not the big leads, just the skinny ones from the pencils that you click."
Oh yes, apparently kids do need to be told SPECIFICALLY what not to eat. Who would have thought? Gross... maybe it explains some things though.
9 comments:
Truly awesome! I keep replaying that "what" over and over in my mind.
What! I made it all the way through med school and half way through residency and no one told me that. I'm not sure I'll be able to give up the 0.5mm #2's, man those things are tasty. We love your kids!
LOVE... IT...!! I am still laughing out loud. That is so funny and I'm so glad that you shared! Maddie and Halle are so awesome( and I'm sure Colten will be just as cool, he already eats sand!)We miss you guys. We are overdue for a get together.
That is so hilarious! I love it!
Love it. Oh my goodness, that's funny. I sure love your girls!!
I. LOVE. MADDIE.
How could you not have taught her this, Kelly?! I guess her days of running off w/sand and shoving in her mouth as fast as she can are not over? :D
Your girls crack me up!
Awesome!
It's such a good thing they stopped using real lead years ago...but I'm pretty sure graphite isn't on the Food Pyramid either. =)
Post a Comment