Saturday, September 5, 2009

Maddie-isms

Mads: "Mom, Mrs Linton just had a baby."
Me: "That is nice, is she pretty young?"
Mads: "No, She's about your age."

OUCH.... When did I get so old?

Mads: "Mom, why do some guys wear tight pants, and saggy shorts?"
Me: "Maybe they like it, why?"
Mads: "I know someone who looks nice in tight pants"
Me; "Oh you do, Who?"
Mads: " Yes, he is married to that girl who has spiky hair".
(Eric Larson for all you South Benders...)
I never knew that Mads was checking out married men....

Today was ND's first game of the season. We won, and we had a brief glimpse of Mike's cute buns (and his murse) on TV. He is famous. Here he is with Bradley Sandella, his friend and co-fellow.



After running through the tunnel with the football team, and being serenaded by the ND marching band, he almost converted to Catholicism. (He claims it was one of him most memorable moments in his life... hopefully after marrying myself, and the births of our children, and ....)



And we had the opportunity to watch some of our friends kids this week while they had a little one in the hospital, and the kids got together and wrote music for us, and preformed it. Stunning work.

We also figured out that Colton's wand is not really used for magical purposes, it is in fact a very deadly weapon, one that had to be removed from his person numerous times for beating his sisters. He even challenged someone to a duel with a light-saber.

8 comments:

Emilee said...

Olivia and I kept looking for "Mr. Galbraith." We think we caught a glimpse of him once, but we were too far away to say anything except that his Murse (do we capitalize that?) is hip. Super hip.

Bonnie said...

Maddie cracks me up! Too funny!

Jeff and Larissa said...

I LOVE the tight pants discussion! So awesome! Mike was a rock star to me on Saturday. I've never seen someone rock the murse quite like he did. Or was that a fanny pack?!

Courtney said...

well...I guess ever since Mad's groping incidence in AZ, you knew she had a thing for guys....it's just so funny to me her talking about a married guy's buns, awesome!
and, woot, woot to Mike! That's totally awesome! :D

SumGreater said...

Love the Maddie comments. I'm glad Mike got to work for Notre Dame this year instead of last year. Much more fun, I think.

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

Thanks for the great luncheon! Whats a "Murse" oh well. Talk to you soon
Naomi

Alexa Nolan Kaufhold said...

Hey-we can trade! Mike can be Catholic and I'll be Mormon. The trouble will be when we try to convince the authorities that be that the living arrangements are Kosher (but that's another religion).

Lanea said...

Kelly, your blog always cracks me up! Thanks for the good laugh and say hello to everyone for me!