I have not been taking too many pictures of the girls lately. I think that means that I am going to bring my camera to dance tomorrow.... Fun, fun for everyone. I love watching my kids dance. They are so very different and interpret the moves in such unique ways. It is a hoot.
Other than that, Colton and I have been hanging out quite a bit. We mostly go to the gym, run errands, and take naps. But one day I was a nice mom and took him to the zoo. We love the zoo. The animals are fun to "roar" at, and the Lions even decided to spray us... YUCK. He has apparently found his "Fairbanks Shoe Fettish" and wants to put shoes on all day long. His favs are the boots below.
And just because every post needs to include a fun story, I will share an embarrassing moment from my past. My good friend Courtney reminded me of this incident. We attended medical school in Arizona and spend a good part of nearly every day that we lived there at the pool. We had just moved to a new complex and were getting used to all our new friends. One guy that was also at the pool a lot was this Cuban Canadian (from Toronto)who thought that little Madison (who was about 2 1/2 at the time) was pretty cute, and charming. This man was maybe 5'8" and quite stocky... He looked like he spent a lot of time in the gym...come to think of it, I don't remember him not at the gym or the pool...Hmmmm.. He often arrived at the pool wearing either a red, or a black pleather speedo-type suit. I am sure that it was for the tan lines.
Mads, as most of you know, has nearly insatiable curiosity and is ALWAYS asking questions. She, in one of her bonding experiences walked up to our new friend, who was lying out tanning, and started chatting it up. She noticed that he had all sorts of tatoos all over his arms and stared asking what they were while touching them. (this is an important detail... Madison cannot look with her eyes only, there is almost always looking with the hands too.) Anyways, I start trying to shoo her away from him, and before I get her out of there she notices his suit, and "looks" with her eyes and hands at the "front" of his suit and asks, "what is that"? Ohh.... the humiliation. I nearly died. Thought it was funny a little later, but nearly died then.
8 comments:
Only Maddie. I love that girl.
Poor, Poor Kelly!!! Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!
Love the speedo story. And who wouldn't love those boots that Colton has decided are his favorite?
That is hilarious! Oh, Kelly, I am sure you were mortified. Just a side note...the captcha code I have to type in for this to be verified is "unders". hee hee
Kelly! That is hilarious! I don't remember that story at all! Was that at our complex??? Oh wish I could have been there for that one!
Awesome. I can just picture the shade of pink you must've gone. What did he do?!
For this reason I will continue to "visit" your family site. Good ol' Galbraiths, you're always good for a laugh :)
Cute kids and Colton is so big. It is so nice to see what you are up to and your stories are hilarious
Post a Comment