not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.
The kids were all tucked in their beds with great care.....
With having a "good time" said often in prayer.
Now that was at least what these parents thought.
For who would have thought that our permission not sought.
Our darling Entomologist, earlier that day,
collected some caterpillars when out at play
15 or more, I cannot be so sure
and for one who loves bugs they can be such a lure,
So sneakily 3 were collected and brought
down to her bed, without so much as a thought,
And there they did sleep, all the night long
Until the oldest daughter got up at the break of dawn
and brought me the blanket of our darling 5 year old
and attatched to it's soft, supple, purple folds
were two white fuzzy cocoons
We knew right away they were not deflated balloons
Mads even pointed out that cocoons are quite hard
not soft, which these were and that caught me off guard
We figured out that these guests were not quite what they seemed
but what is really disturbing I didn't dare dream
that we housed some bag worms
yes those ones in the trees that make people squirm
Oh wait, in your mind did you notice my math?
I promise you one did not fall off the path
The third one was lost somewhere in Hal's bed
I made her strip it, I practically plead.
We eventually found the lone caterpillar alive
and tonight one more was brought up and put back outside.

So hopefully we are done with the bugs,
To Tracy, I owe you, many many hugs
first fish, now bag worms, Oh, how I love pets
Just remember I don't soon forget...
7 comments:
Nice poem, but ew ew ew ew!! I hate those worms!! Yuck
Yuck. Oh, yuck. You are one awesome mom to have made it through that one with your children still living. :) I can only imagine what lies in store next. Can't wait to hear all about it. Love you guys!
Great poem! so gross! Bless your heart! I hope you got them all!!!
You should publish your cute poem complete with pics of Halle sleeping with her "friends". Your kids are so funny!
this was a great poem!
Gross, gross, gross gross!!!! Ew, that picture is just too much for me. I've still got the creeps!
Looks like you had a great time. Did not realize your son is already one, time for another(smile) How fun you are a Doctor and a poet. Elizabeth Annne Ullery
Post a Comment