Mike got to FINALLY take Halle on a daddy-daughter date. There were no kid-type movies playing at any of the theaters around here, so he took her to Burger King. She had a blast until she decided that she did not like getting "shocked" anymore on the play-place. Then they went to the mall to "Build-a-Bear". I had a coupon, so I thought that it would be a great, fairly cheap date... I underestimated the "softness" of my husband. Halle came home with the most beautiful pink bear dressed in a Princess Aurora dress. She named her bear Aurora Dress (Dress is the last name). They had a great time, and Halle only sort of rubbed it in Mad's face.
I guess I neglected to get a picture of Mads in her new glasses and earrings. I thought I did, but alas, I must have forgot, but here is a picture of that blessed 8 year old, and what she does when she comes home from school - comes upstairs, and turns on Animal Planet. She loves seeing "Growing up.... (whatever it is that day). We have seen Hyenas, and Elephants, etc. She does not take her backpack, coat, or shoes off. She just stands and stares at the TV. It is pretty funny....
Too bad she cannot watch right now. The TV went out (again.... it's a long story, but it was part of Black January, and we don't talk about that anymore). But we are going to get the TV fixed, because without it, how is a girl supposed to see Jack Bauer save the world yet again, or help Mike's friend Jason (from the Bachelor) choose the right girl? .... Let alone keep up on what is happening on the Office, or going on in the world for that matter?!
And here is Colton. He is just happy being a boy. He still can't crawl, but I'm not sad about that. He is trying to get his two top teeth in, and he does not know it yet, but he is going to get his shots done tomorrow... wish us luck. He had hives for two weeks after he got the last shots. It was kind of scarring, at least for me it was.
10 comments:
How do you survive without "the office"? We started our foster classes and they are on tuesday and thursday nights so we have missed it for three weeks and soon to be 4 more. We are definitely missing it, it is one of the few shows that we both laugh our heads off at. I hope your month goes better and you have no more surprises!
Brooklyn has that same exact Aurora bear. Must be a second child thing.. I love the shot of Madi watching the tv with everything still on from school. Gotta love that. Colton is a handsome little guy and growing up so fast!!
Love Aurora Dress. Ady said that is the most beautiful bear she's ever seen.
K for real, does Mike know Jason? I NEED to hear the story behind this.
I can't believe your January. Best wishes on a wonderful February!!
Black January. Perfect. The furnace, too? I live in fear of that particular calamity...
Your kids are beautiful. Maddie stands in front of the tv just like all our kids, too. That picture reminds me of the girls in Hairspray and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun coming home from school to watch their dance shows. I love that Maddie's show is about animals.
Tangent story for you: Several months ago, a little boy told Tommy there was a fly on him and it was trying to mate. Then, the kid said, "Do you know what mating is?" I couldn't wait to see how that one turned out. Then the boy said, "I don't know what it is exactly, but you have to get real close for it." His parents said he watches a lot of Animal Planet.
Hey, and shout out to the Beus family. How do I get invited to your blog? I want to hear about your foster classes. We did those. At least we spent a night together every week for 8 weeks!
okay, Kelly.......the backpack in front of the TV is pretty funny and SO Madison! I never get to watch TV anymore, b/c my kids are not magical like yours and asleep by 7pm, if I'm LUCKY, 9pm, anyway.......I have one word for ya, hulu.com - that's how Tyler and I catch up on 24 on Tuesday nights and we watch all the office on Friday nights on our laptop in bed, yes, very romantic! is that our old TV that broke on you? I'm very sorry!!
Seth thinks that I spoil Maia but when he takes her anywhere (mostly the grocery store) she comes home with goodies galore! Teething is a toughie! Sophie has all four top teeth coming in at once. Thank goodness for Tylenol!
U have a good post with ur baby pic.
Work from home
I love that picture of Colton. He is so cute. Why do the boys always get the great eyelashes?
So crappy that everything went wrong with your house! I love Aurora Dress. What a great last name, too. Hopefully this winter is on it's way out!
Post a Comment