My feel-good moment of the week was when Mike came home and told me that one of the residents here came back to make-up a few days of residency (in order to graduate) due to a maternity leave. She told Mike that she is more exhausted now then she had ever been in residency, and has no idea how moms do it with more than one. In a sick twisted way that makes me feel good. Kind of validating that newborns are kind of rough on the sleep for a mom. It is a good thing that they are so worth it though. How can you not love a face, and chins like that?..And not want to spend every waking and non-waking moment with him? In fact I am blogging one handed as we speak.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Validation
So many of you have seen what a handsome young man now lives at our house, but what some of you may not know is what a high maintenance young man he can be. pretty much from day one he has desired a lap, preferably one that also contains food. He loves to be swaddled, bounced and loved at all times. At night he would prefer to see me at least ever 3 hours (for at least an hour). I was not minding the nights so much during the Olympics, but I am struggling a bit now. ( Mike my wonderful husband helped me by removing a dead bush-thing in our yard only to accidently splice our cable cable.- so now I am left with the internet and none of you update your blogs enough) So this week I am going to be reading a bunch of sleep books and compiling my own theory and testing it on my little "appendage". I love him, but I have a feeling that I would love him even more if I got to get some sleep sometime.
My feel-good moment of the week was when Mike came home and told me that one of the residents here came back to make-up a few days of residency (in order to graduate) due to a maternity leave. She told Mike that she is more exhausted now then she had ever been in residency, and has no idea how moms do it with more than one. In a sick twisted way that makes me feel good. Kind of validating that newborns are kind of rough on the sleep for a mom. It is a good thing that they are so worth it though. How can you not love a face, and chins like that?..And not want to spend every waking and non-waking moment with him? In fact I am blogging one handed as we speak.
My feel-good moment of the week was when Mike came home and told me that one of the residents here came back to make-up a few days of residency (in order to graduate) due to a maternity leave. She told Mike that she is more exhausted now then she had ever been in residency, and has no idea how moms do it with more than one. In a sick twisted way that makes me feel good. Kind of validating that newborns are kind of rough on the sleep for a mom. It is a good thing that they are so worth it though. How can you not love a face, and chins like that?..And not want to spend every waking and non-waking moment with him? In fact I am blogging one handed as we speak.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Good luck getting some sleep! I think that's always the worst part about new babies (and kids in general I guess). But you're totally right- it helps to know they're worth it! (And we'd do anything for them- including spending months without sleep!)
I'm so sorry about your lack of sleep! You are such a great mom and have done a great job staying positive! I love that picture of Colton! So good to see the top of his PJ's! Good luck with the sleeping!
Colton is getting so big. What a cutie. I think I need your email address to invite you to my blog. Please email me at kristin.ross@yahoo.com. Thanks!
P.S. - I think I blog a lot one handed too (like now).
Oh don't remind me what is coming in the next few weeks!
When Roman was born I blogged with him in his Bjorn.
Good luck with the sleep!
How cute is your baby!? Hang in there!
that makes me feel good too! thanks for sharing - now we all know that being the mom is the toughest job there is!!
love you guys!
I just read this fabulous book on sleep and babies. It's called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Children" (i'm pretty sure that's the title, i'm kinda drawing a blank). I can't remember the author though. Luke is exactly like Colton and this book was a lifesaver. Hope it helps!
i feel your pain. i was a zombie for the 1st year of james' life. so i clearly have no tips for you. i sure hope it gets better. i love that about the resident!
You're awesome, Kelly! And your growth sure is cute. Good luck getting sleep. I couldn't sleep during the Olympics, either.
I feel validated, too. It would be rad if all we had to do was care for the babies, though, wouldn't it? Nobody mentions the constant dishes and meals and cleaning and laundry when they talk about the glories of motherhood.
My little baby slept on me for about 2 or 3 months until I finally figured out she just likes to be on her tummy. So, I disregarded all current back-sleeping advice and laid her down. We all sleep better. And now she's big enough that she rolls whatever way she wants when she sleeps, so I don't have to worry how I put her down. She rolls all over the place in her sleep just like the boys.
Post a Comment