Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July ....and Canada Day!

Maddie makes us so proud in so many ways. Kelly says her sense of style is a Galbraith trait. Sorry Mom and Dad.



One of my favorite family pics! Aren't they gorgeous? Colton is blessed with two big and "helpful" sisters. Kelly doesn't think they're very helpful when they walk around the house with him. Colton turns 1 month tomorrow!



So...I was a little excited to be in the neighborhood 4th of July parade! I want to let you know that I passed up an opportunity to play the trombone in the parade...but I spared Kelly the embarrassment. The annual neighborhood parade is one of my favorite events of the year. All the kids dressed up their bikes w/ crazy streamers and flags and then rode through the neighborhood behind two fire engines and a police car. The event kicked off with "The Star Spangled Banner" sung by a few little girls. I remember being a little teary eyed the first summer we were here when we saw the genuine patriotism at the parade and they started with a word of prayer. What a blessed country we live in! And, we love the Midwest! What wonderful, down-to-earth folks who don't care too much about being politically correct. Go Indiana and God bless the USA...and Canada!



Another great family photo. Can you see Colton's big hands and bird legs?



I finally cornered Kelly for a picture!

8 comments:

Jeff and Larissa said...

That close-up pic of you and the kids is SO cute! It's almost as good as the one of Mike with his princess/freedom crown.

Melissa said...

Kelly, I just have to say...you look awesome!!!

S&J Spanos said...

You have such a cute family. We miss you guys. Kelly, you look as if you were pregnant a year ago. You actually celebrate 'Canada Day'? Have a great summer and congratulations on being in your third year.

Bonnie said...

Your blog is so cute! what a beautiful family you have and Mike I love the crown! It has been so fun getting to know you better Kelly. I look forward to our walks and so do my kids. Ayden still asks every morning if we are going to Maddie's house. South Bend has been so fun!

SumGreater said...

You guys are adorable. I'm with Melissa. Kelly, you're lookin' as foxy as ever.
Nice hat, Mike. Whenever I see a young doctor, I think, "This could be Mike Galbraith. I wonder if they used a curling iron in younger days?" Admittedly, it makes it hard for me to take them completely seriously, but I bet you're a great doctor!

emily said...

you passed up a chance to play your trombone!?!? how sad! i would have LOVED to see that!!!
kelly - you look awesome and that baby boy - he's a keeper!
great job you guys!
miss you!!

Emilee said...

Nobody sports a shiny patriotic crown like you do, Mike. It's fantastic.

Shanda said...

Kelly, you DO look awesome! We're excited to meet your new little one in a few weeks.