Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

So we have had a wonderful and full week. Mike and I got to have a little alone time on Tues, and we went Christmas shopping for the girls, he never gets to come. Cute Mike wanted to buy lots, and then wanted to save a bunch of the things that we got for their birthdays. My kids will be glad that I am on their side Christmas morning. I have also convinced Mike to build the girls a doll house for their Barbies (and Ninja Turtles). He gets to do that on his vacation in a little over a week. We will have to see how it all turns out, but he has some BIG plans.... like an elevator. Stay tuned for more on that.

We also had Thanksgiving. What a fun day we had. We had some of our friends over that were staying in town for the holiday. I think that we had about 6 families, which actually worked out perfectly. We had 8 or 10 last year at Christmas, and that was an adventure. The meal was Splendid. Thank you to all of you who helped and brought things, it was delicious. And to make it the perfect day we got a few inches of snow, and the kids were out playing in it most of the evening. They had SO much fun. And were so wet. Halle kept coming in and sharing the snow off of her gloves and boots with one of the littler kids that could not go outside. It was very charitable of her.

We spent the next morning recovering, and then putting up our Christmas tree. I learned a little about myself that day too. I am a bit of a control freak. I could not handle leaving my tree looking the way that the kids decorated it. I should have loved it, appreciated it, but alas, it drove me crazy that everything was in complete chaos. There were bare branches, and branches that could hardly hold all the weight that was on them. When my girls were not looking, I moved some things around so that I could feel a bit better about myself. Although I find that most things are moved again anyways. Halle has a great love of ornaments. She finds all of her own and clumps them on one branch, and shows them to anyone that is unfortunate enough to walk in our door. Our poor hometeachers.

I do have a funny thing to share. Madison is in love with a little boy Jacob in her class (please do not tell her that I told you, I am not allowed to share information on her love life...very funny) Anyways, we are always finding her drawing pictures of a boy and girl holding hands, and the speech bubble saying "I love you". I get great pleasure out of this, not only is she killing many forests for her art, but she is also doing it in the name of love. We were driving home from church today and she wanted to drive past the street that Jacob lives on. Then I hear this sigh from the back seat, and she says to me "Jacob is the Man of my Life". I am amused. I am not sure if that is better than a love of her life, or a man of her dreams, but she sure is smitten, that is until next year and another little boy in her class is nice to her. I am sure that Jacob will be forgotten. Poor Jacob. I hope that he manages. Mads will be a catch one day.

I can't seem to find my camera, or I would post pictures. I will have to ask Mike when I see him tomorrow. He is sleeping now. He has had less than 10 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours, so I will not bother him tonight.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Kelly, I'm the same way with my kids and the tree. I am always moving the ornaments around to a more pleasing display after they've been anywhere near it. Someday I'll have my own tree (which they won't be allowed to go near) and they'll have theirs. I think that's the only way to do it for us control freaks.