
So our darling Madison came home the other day with a letter from her Principal. She was going to receive a Citizenship Award for her class. (our little Canadian) They held an assembly at her school with grades 1-4. They did honor roll, most improved, and citizenship awards. It was very cute, and she was beamingly proud. I still have no real clue to what a "citizenship award" really entails. One friend thinks it is because she is nice to other kids. Regardless, Mike and I are very proud of her. I took a picture of her with her award, and it was way too dark to show, so you get to see her at the park.
Halle on the other hand brought her date to the assembly... Leonardo. She is madly in love with him. Mike tried to play with her the other day, and she told him that she was Leonardo, and he could be the princess. He was flattered. I even tried to give her her cereal the other day, and I had the nerve to give it to her in a green bowl... Can you even imagine? She wanted the blue bowl, because Leonardo is blue. How was I supposed to argue with that? (I did not give her new cereal- I do not believe in that, but I learned, and next time, I presented the cereal in the proper fashion.) Anything to keep the peace.

Mike has been dealing with mental illness all week. Poor guy. He spent all of one afternoon in clinic with a lady that has SUPER bad PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). He has been trying to get her admitted to the hospital ever since. She is not really wanting to go. He has had a bunch of patients with depression, and also bipolar disorder. He also had a patient who saw him "emergently" in the clinic 3 hours after she found her boyfriend who had committed suicide. I wonder if Sports Medicine is not looking better and better to him. Not that I do not have my own issues, but I think that he is at least glad that I am somewhat sane.
Oh, and just to add a bright spot to the 1-9 record that the hometown Fighting Irish have... Applications to the school have gone down with the poor showing of the football team. (yes, even the Catholics live in a superficial world sometimes). Well, with school applications down, Mike is thinking that the applications for the fellowship are going to be going down too, giving him a better shot at a spot here. He is due to apply next summer, so we will get to test his theory. That is his silver lining. He is praying for continued bad showings, but don't tell anyone. We even had the chance to go see them in action. It was so much fun. Mike has a doctor friend that gave us some tickets....Which seem to be a little easier to come by this year. We had a great time, and froze our keisters off. Go Irish!
3 comments:
Yea Madison! Very exciting!
Congrats maddie. You are such a higglytown hero to the rest of us
Maddy is such a big girl. That award sounds like a pretty big deal. Way to go, Mads!
Go Blue (Michigan)!
Post a Comment