Thursday, October 27, 2011

Top 10

I was at lunch today with some of the ladies, and I can't remember what inspired me, but I decided to post the top 10 things that my kids have done to humiliate me... I am sure that many more can be thought of, my kids are a constant source of humility for me...

10. Colton dancing in the Costco parking lot, while I am unloading groceries and going around the corner of the van and embarking on the worlds longest pee.... ever. I am sure that at least 50 people walked by... (BTW he was wearing all of his super hero gear.... can't leave home without it!)

9. Madison as a youngster was always stripping at parks... and peeing behind trees.... or bushes, but if any of you have lived in Arizona, you know that trees and bushes offer not a lot of protection. She was my nudist!!!

8. Mike decided to be a good father and teach my children the benefits of the word of wisdom. He told them that Smoking was bad for people's lungs and drinking was bad for livers. Mads would inform anyone anywhere that she would see smoking, in her loudest voice.... that Smoking was bad for their Livers.....

7. Halle is going to a child psychiatrist, and at one of our appointments, Mike came with us. As Mike and the doctor were talking doctor language, Halle walks up behind Mike and starts licking his head..... I could not control myself after that!!!!

6. Colton is starting to express himself by what he wears, I have always prided myself on being pretty good at letting my kids dress themselves and not trying to change them... but he seems to be so super capable of outdoing himself. Just look at the picture.



5. Madison went to a friends birthday party when she was 3-4 ish. They were students at an internation business school. So at this party the parents had some of their friends that were from all over the world. There was this guy there that was asian of some sort, and Mads walks up to him and asks him "Can I smell you?"

4. Halle is my licker.... Mike's head, the floor at Walmart, the lobster tank at Walmart... I once asked her Primary teacher how she was in class, and he told me that she was really good, if only he could get her to quit licking the chairs.

3. Halle also has this habit of cuddling up to strange men. Her cuddling involves a bit of arm rubbing, and a lot of rubbing her head up against the object of her affection. We were at a restaurant one day, and she took a liking to our waiter, and as I was helping Colton with something I look over and she is full on snuzzling this poor older gentleman waiter guy. He did not even know how to handle her. I only wish I did too!!

2. I am not sure why my life involves so much licking, but it really does. We had a neighbour in Arizona that was an older gentleman. He had an amputated leg, and wore a prosthetic. He used to hear us coming and going, and come out to visit us. I was talking to him one day and I look down and Madison is licking his prosthetic.

1. Another Madison story. She was about 3-4. And we were in Arizona at our pool. We had all sorts of characters that lived in our apartment complex. One such character was a Cuban gentlman that liked to lift weights, had a bunch of tatoos, and always wore a pleather speedo like suit to the pool. Mads, being her questioning self saw him one day, and went over to chat. Just as I was getting there she was touching his tatoos and asking "what is that"... So he was telling her all about his many tatoos. Just when I think that this conversation is over Mads asks another "what's that?" and proceeds to grab the man right in the pleather speedo. Oh not she didn't.... yes, yes she did. I nearly died. I was laughing and so embarassed and apologizing....

see, I already thought of another one...
Halle went over to our neighbours house, and every once and a while she has a bit of a challenge with bowl incontinence.... Anyways, she came home smelling foul, and I bathed her etc. I was talking to my neighbour a couple of days later and she told me a funny story (for her at least!). She was helping her little girl in the bathroom with the hygene aspect of things, and her little crawling baby was on the floor. The baby had picked up something that she thought looked like a chocolate covered raisin.. They had been eating them earlier that day so she thought nothing of it. Just before the baby put it in her mouth the mom thought to check it out, and low and behold....it was no chocolate covered raisin. Since she is still helping her other daughter with her bathroom hygene, she surmised that it was Halle that had left such a fun present at her house.

See why I love my kids.. The keep me on my toes like no one else.

9 comments:

Emilee said...

Oh, Kelly, as always, I love your stories. You have awesome kids. :) Colton's outfit is particularly charming.

Mont and Dawna said...

You do have the best stories. I'd have to say, these top any I've heard...you are hilarious and have the best attitude! I Love it! And your kids are adorable whether they humiliate you or not.

stueller said...

I first met Halle subbing in nursery. She jumped on my back and bit my ear. We discovered shortly later that she had flushed her underwear down the toilet.

LindsayB said...

This was just a lot of fun to read. Colton was so entertaining to watch at skating today . Your kids are bursting with personality!

Christal said...

oh my heck you have quite the list seriously you are awesome! I wouldn't know what to do in half of those situations :) Made me laugh though! Good thing your kids are so cute eh! So full of personality which no matter what you do they all have them and they are all so different! Great post!

Just Rhonda said...

oh my heavens these are all funny stories!!!!

Vcky13 said...

Awesome post. I have one. Dallin screamed for an hour about having to go to bed, and the upstairs neighbors finally came down and knocked to check things out. Uber embarrassing, but it gets worse. The very next day out of the blue, Columbus tells the exact same neighbors as they are coming out the door, "My mom PINCHES me!" Never mind that I never did. Sigh. The police never did show up.

Shanda said...

Oh Kelly, I was laughing and crying at the same time. Motherhood does not lack entertainment!

this and that...now and then said...

Kelly-you are my hero!!!