We have gone to the beach. One of my girlfriends and I have decided that we MUST be sick of the beach when we move. It is a requirement.
Halle as a mummy. It is one of her dreams.
Maddie is a hard to catch specimen at the beach. She is ether in the water, bending over and finding shells, or making really remarkable faces. I think she gets it from Mike.
Colton LOVES the sand. Mostly it is a tasty treat, but sometimes it is a great place just to lounge.
This particular picture is after one of our beach days, where the girls ran into the water before I could get any sunscreen on them. If there is any penance to pay for me not getting sunscreen on sooner, believe me I paid it for a week after...("Mom, when is 4 hours up? (so that she could get more tylenol)" Mom, my back itches" "It hurts" "I can't sleep". "The medicine does not work!" "Hey......(fill in the blank) wanna see my back???" and on and on and on and on.... )
My friend Tracy and I trained and ran in our local 10K. I know.. who would have thought that I would ever run, and have fun. But it did happen. Here is proof that we finished, and that we went to visit Mike (who was working the medical tent) of our own free will and choice. No naked ice baths for us!!!
Colton had his second birthday. He had NO idea what was going on, but he really liked that he had many things that are car and train like in his life...
Him with his new trains
His cake was chocolate. He believes that all things in life should be chocolate. It is his favorite food in all it's varieties.
I could not decide which one I liked the best.
We enjoyed going to Michigan to go berry picking.
Mads actually looked at me and smiled a nice smile. It is so refreshing.
And Halle believes that there is no reason to waste time picking strawberries, when you can pick dandelions. Who would argue that?
We also made our first trip out to Shipshwanna, one of the local Amish communities. It is a fantastic place, and we kick ourselves that we did not make it out there sooner. Mike actually decided that if he were not so invested in getting to Canada to practice. That would be a great place to settle. We went and ate lunch at "Wanna Cup" and then went to a store called E&S sales. My friend has touted it's randomness, and we were not disappointed. It was awesome. And Mike's favorite part was the hitching posts that were on the side of every building, with all the buggies. He grew a beard to fit in with the Amish community (or Ahmlish, as my kids call it). It is a really neat place.
Mads, also got new glasses, which she is proudly wearing. And Mike decided to try to grow some facial hair. He had a mustache for Med School graduation, just to be silly, and was thinking of doing it for Fellowship graduation, but Alas, he shaved tonight. Something about ADHD and lack of patience.
We have less than two weeks until we move. We are trying to make the most of it. We will really miss Indiana and all of our wonderful friends here, and we are really excited to move to a new country and have new adventure.
3 comments:
YAY for running the Sunburst!!! That is so much fun! Way to go! I was thinking about that a few weeks ago wishing I could run in it. It was 110 here last Sunday...Very much missing the Midwest! Good luck with your move!
You have to stop talking about leaving. If I just ignore that it's happening, will it not happen?
Love the photos, the beach and berry picking made my tear up....we miss all the fun times we had in South Bend! Good luck with your last week of Fellowship! Hope to see you while I am there
Post a Comment