Halle is five years old. She is full of life. If any of you know my little sisters, she is a combination of Robyn and Angie. She is bizarre as bizarre gets, and would love to spend her days watching TV or listening to music (hmmm... who does that sound like?--Rob) and has a SUPER stubborn streak, likes men, snuggling, and can be snarlier than snarly (Ang).(just to clarify things, my sisters are both wonderful people, and have so many wonderful qualities, but these are what Halle seems to have gleaned from them).
Halle has what I love to call her "entourage", it consists of no less that 100 stuffed animals (maybe it is an exaggeration- but there are a lot). She has creative names for all of them. Jewel (the hammerhead shark), Baby Jewel (the baby hammerhead shark), Window Jewel (a Pokemon thing), Wall Jewel (a bear), Jewelry (the dolphin my mom got her at a garage sale)(notice the theme? It was a "Jewel" kick that she was on for awhile), Crystal Claire (a bunny), Easter( another bunny).. and the list goes on... I could have her name animals all day, and never stop giggling. And ANY time that she gets something new she asks "Can I sleep wiff (with) this?" It could be a rock, her flashlight, a necklace, or a newly acquired stuffed animal.
She also in always saying "I'm in love wiff him." Right now it is Ash from Pokemon. She asked me the other day if Ash was married. I said no, and she said good. She was in love wiff him and wants to marry him. At least she is getting the fact that you can't marry someone that is already married. An important lesson.
She has no "r"'s, "l"'s, "sh"'s, and that provides a great challenge for anyone trying to communicate with her. Sometimes when I still can't understand what she is saying after about 10 tries, she will say "I just can't say it very well". It breaks my heart. She can be so cute.
Her hobbies include, listening to her HSM 3 soundtrack, and dancing in the basement. Oh, and NO ONE is allowed down there with her. She will yell at you if you even try. Watching movies. Right now we are watching old episodes of He-Man. She loves He-Man. She loves watching YouTube videos on the internet about Volcanoes (www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4KbyB2UnTM - this one is her favorite) and sharks and octopi. She LOVES animals, and would smother any that she came in contact with. Her preschool brought in a boa constrictor on "S" week, and she came home and told me that she wants to be a veterinarian. So nice that she has a focus.
We have instituted a star reward system for the girls since I have felt like I yell at them all the time and not look for the positive in them. We reward them with a movie on either Friday or Sat night, and with an excess of stars, they earn popcorn, and maybe even take-out pizza. Halle has risen to the challenge and LOVES to earn stars. She always has more than Mads, much to Maddie's chagrin (because she is always asking for them.. "mom, I put my dish in the sink, can I get a star?", "Mom, can I get a star, I cleaned up my clothes?" Etc). She has become much more... pleasant to be around. Before we fought a lot. (getting dressed, brushing hair, going to school, turning off the TV, not eating candy, getting ready for bed, brushing teeth, getting in bed.... and the list would go on and on) but now, we are starting to see my old Halle.
(see why I have to fight with her about her hair?)
She is my sneaky kid, that finds treats in my house and hides in a corner eating them. The kid, who at 5 1/2 is still trying to get me to do everything for her, (getting her dressed, putting her shoes on, feeding her), I guess I needed to have a baby a little sooner so that I did not cripple her so bad (Mike calls me an enabler). She is also my sweet cuddly kid that is such a joy to have. We love our little Halle, and our life would be SO very boring without her
6 comments:
Halle, we love everything about you! Maia misses you! Hopefully we will see you soon!
Very nice blog entry! Halle is a cool kid! I really enjoyed the chosen pics as well. The star system is a good idea; I'm yelling at Sawyer a lot since having the new baby, making him act out lately. That idea might help turn around his sassy-ness that's started.
I love that you are doing this!! I love little Halle! She is such a fun kid!
Halle is SO one of my favorite kids! Her "entourage" is so funny! "I'm in love wiff him"- so hilarious!
I love that grumpy face. She is such a cute funny kid. I'm glad you posted those lovely things about Halle.
Cute post. Halle is such a cute fun girl and she is definitely one of a kind!
Post a Comment