Sunday, April 26, 2009

The First Leg of our Journey

I promised more Canada stuff. And I think that it is going to take me months to post all about our wonderful trip. I did also promise some friends that I would include some more "movements" in my next post as well, so here is my fun story from the first part of our trip.

We flew out of Indianapolis to Toronto. While in Toronto, we had to have a bathroom break. Halle was in need of taking care of some business. At least that is what she told me, until.......



One can never understand the fear of the automatic flushing toilet. When one comes into view, there is a major freak out. I cannot tell you how many times that I have gone to a store with Halle only to have her need to use the washroom, and end up screaming and holding it so that she does not have to use that scary invention.

Well on this blessed occasion, Halle decided that she did not "need" to go, no matter how much coaxing, and how much bribing, and how much... ( I am just going to leave it at that so that you all still think that I am a good parent). So off we go on our 5 hour flight to Calgary.

In Calgary we were going to rent a car so that we could go and visit with Mike's Grandpa, and Grandma, and his mom. I made all the arrangements, the car is in my name so I am standing in line waiting to pick up the vehicle, and Mike is watching all 3 kids. He lets Mads and Halle go into the bathroom, and a few minutes later, Halle comes running out saying (not in her quiet voice) "I got poo up to here,(gesturing up to her elbows) but I washed it off"....

Ewwwww......Why me? We had not been able to hold it any longer I guess, and let's just say that the arm was the least of my worries. Sometimes I think Mike is so lucky to be a boy.

6 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

Don't you love how I just randomly comment:)! I just have a question for you. We bought a house, but I was just wondering what kind of loan did you get. Like, did you get a physician's loan or regular? I just wanted another person's opinion who has been there before. And, do you have any recommendations for who to use for consolidating loans? Thanks so much

Spanos said...

GROSS! I feel your pain.

Melanie said...

Don't you hate taking your girls to the bathroom? I do. Having three girls has meant so many trips to the bathroom and NONE for my husband. What a rip off!!

Bonnie said...

Too funny! I just love that girl!

SumGreater said...

I guess if you think about it, automatic toilets can be kind of creepy. You never know when the loud flush is coming... Maybe it's like the advice in the Harry Potter book with the diary to never trust a thing when you can't see where it keeps its brain.

Jenny said...

Oh.... wow. The story is just as gross the second time. I'm so sorry. What lovely joys of parenthood. We miss you guys! When's your next planned visit to Seattle? :)